I recently released version 5.0.0 of my betting app. The name was changed from Sports Betting to just Betting, for now, since it could technically be used in other ways. Speaking of which, it's intended to be used legally, so you're responsible for knowing laws, in case you want to sue it in conjunction with another app to have money involved or whatever other uses may be prohibited in some places. I made this just to be a funw ay of betting points, though.
The whole system was pretty much changed around on the back end, including the main functions related to paying out the points for the various matchups. I definitely recommend that anyone who already uses the app upgrade to this version, as there were many, many bug fixes. Most were probably related to the new version itself, but I tested this version very thoroughly and for some bug fixes, it was harder tot ell if they were already in previous versions, so you're best off using 5.0.0.
The NBA Playoffs are going on, and, as usual, you could add a bracket style contest for predicting the winners.
Here are some of the changes in this version. A more complete list is on the marketplace page for this app:
- Changed pickem contests to be more like bracket contests with deadlines, perfect entry rewards, tiebreakers, entry fees, etc....
- Join groups with your bracket or pickem contest entries.
- Ability to delete contest entries until the contest starts.
- Added ability to delete categories, contests, matchups, teams, and brackets, under certain circumstances.
- Added a "revert matchup" feature, in case you accidentally entered the wrong winner.
- Added friendly URLs.
- Now you only enter who won the actual game in real life and the app determines if they covered the odds.
- Added ability to have team dropdowns only show teams from selected categories, to make them smaller.
- Added auto topic functionality for new bracket or pickem contests and ability to have them added to different forums than the ones for new matchups.
- Changed the app to use modules and sections instead of one large file.
- Pickem results are in a separate area than bets, now and all picks can be made on one page.
- bug fixes, skinning changes, and many more feature changes!
Visit the app's marketplace page here!