• 11 Feb 2012 Download (e32) Custom Sidebar Blocks 2.0.0
  • 09 Jan 2012 Download (e32) Custom Sidebar Blocks 1.5.1
  • 28 Aug 2011 Download (e32) Custom Sidebar Blocks 1.5.0
  • 04 Jun 2011 Download Custom Sidebar Blocks 1.3.0
  • 12 Aug 2010 Download (e$30) Custom Sidebar Blocks 1.3.0

Download (e32) Custom Sidebar Blocks 2.1.1

* * * * * 132 Votes (You voted 5)

Screenshots
Create, store, and display unlimited custom index sidebar blocks without needing to perform any file/skin edits. You can use plain text, bbcode, html, javascript, or PHP. This means paypal donate buttons, youtube videos, facebook like widgets, (so anything based on html and javascript), or anything you can post in an IPB editor can be displayed as an index block. System is cached so no extra querying is needed.

As of version 2.0, PHP blocks are possible. I will be providing block details for various blocks here. Here are the first couple:Global Settings include:
  • On/Off
  • Show on Portal
  • Show above default portal blocks or below
  • Can change position of all custom blocks via the drag/drop reordering of the ACP->Manage Hooks page (and further ordering via the custom blocks themselves)
  • All blocks are completely sortable now with new Export Block feature
Per-Block Settings include:
  • On/Off
  • Block Title
  • Block Image
  • Block Content
  • Use IPB-standard Block Table to house contents
  • Drag and Drop Sorting
  • Raw Mode? (for javascript/adsense/widgets/facebook apps/twitter/etc)
  • Remove Ability for User to Collapse Block? (Good for advertisements, donation buttons, etc)
  • Enable Permissions
  • View Permissions via built-in IPB permission masks
  • PHP Support (with most/all IPB objects read, such as $this->memberData, $this->DB, etc)
The new setting which turns off the IPB editor is to avoid parsing issues with PHP and RAW blocks. If you want the editor so you can make bbcode blocks easier, feel free to enable.

What's New in Version 2.1.1 (See full changelog)

• Updated to work with 3.4 (not reliant on old editor anymore)

Screenshots

Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots

Photo
Angelvega93
Aug 02 2011 01:44 AM
THANKS!!!
    • Sokii and Mr_laury like this
Great addon,add more detailed installation info please.
Best addon ever!
    • (e) Eric likes this
Photo
merlins lair
Aug 13 2011 07:54 AM
this has to be one of the best s=sideblock addons any forums owner could have on there site big thanxs to you
ibEmoney
    • hello_world likes this
Photo
Jarley Horse
Aug 23 2011 11:52 AM
As has already been mentioned, there needs to be more installation details. I know how to get to "Manage Applications & Modules" but have no idea how to take it from there. Thank you for your help.
    • Maxoutje and fvaldez like this
Thanks for the appreciation and the input!

I looked and apparently the Install section got erased in the Read Me. Not sure how that happened, but in any case it is pretty similar to the Upgrade case. Its just that instead of clicking Upgrade Available you click Install and it is in the right menu instead of the main menu.

In any case, I've added that block back into the Read Me and I also added another bit of instructions to the Setup block. Hopefully that will suffice, if not, please post in the support topic with the specific things that the Read Me needs.
Great addon!
Great addon. I agree with the others, the installation was a bit vague. However, even a noobie like me managed to figure it out. The only issue I have is that it does it not placed below the default blocks even after I adjust the setting to do so. One good idea in another update is to give use the option to put some blocks above the default and some below. Great job nonetheless.
As mentioned in your corresponding post, that setting only applies to the portal. To change the order on the index you need to go to ACP->Manage Hooks and drag and drop the various index block hooks around until they are in the proper order. :)
Yea man, this is one useful add on! Easy to use and free too. Highly recommended.

Other files you may be interested in ..

59 user(s) are online (in the past 30 minutes)

7 members, 51 guests, 0 anonymous users

+Przemysław Golach, +Sergey Kuzin, Bing (1), +Gravi5tar, CristiIS, +invisiblekid, +Rory Soh, +Neh