1 Screenshots

About This File

Awards System
The Awards System is, as the name suggests, an awards management system. It allows you, as the admin, to create and define awards categories and place awards within those categories. It gives you the power to decide who is able to view, give and take awards on a per category basis. You are also able to designate any number of groups as "Global Awards Mods", these Global Awards Mods will be able to see, give and take awards from all of your categories. On the admin side you are able to restrict admins from accessing each of the main functions of the awards mod.

Two hooks ship with this mod, one to place the mod buttons in the profile for those who have the permissions to give and remove awards and the other is the awards cabinet that is shown in the topic view which has two options when enabled in the Awards Settings.

You can choose how many images will be the maximum allowed to be displayed in either view and the hook will pull only the latest x number of awards that have been given to each user.

New in the 1.1.7 update: [*]Found and fixed the root cause of the illegal offset error that was affecting some users [*]Reissued corrected database changes [*]General 3.4.x compatibility upgrade [*]Improvements to the database table structure [*]Introduced FURLs into the app [*]Fixed a bug that caused people to be unable to give awards to users unless they already had awards [*]Fixed a link in the ACP that was being pointed to localhost instead of the correct site url [*]Added some code that should prevent an illegal offset error that has affected some users [*]Fixed a bug that caused the Awards Categories in the ACP to appear not to update position when dragged and dropped [*]Fixed a bug that was causing deleted awards to still be included in a members "display" on the topic view [*]Awards are now saved on the server instead of by urls as was previously the case [*]Admins can now choose a size for the awards images to be displayed as in the topic views (mini-profile & signature) - After changing this setting you must reupload the images for each of the awards so that the app can resize them (a tool to bulk resize all of the images without needing to reupload the images is planned for a future update). [*]Ensure that all of the awards images still resolve to their correct urls (the upgrade process downloads the awards images from their current url location and saves them on your server). [*]Make sure you follow the steps laid out in the upgrade instructions included in the download.

New in the 1.1.6 update:

New in the 1.1.5 update:

New in the 1.1.4 update:

Note: As the 1.1.4 update includes major changes to the manner in which awards are both stored and displayed you should do the following before upgrading:

Larin67, Ros1k, Sherman229 and 5 others like this

What's New in Version 1.1.7   See changelog

Released

Found and fixed the root cause of the illegal offset error that was affecting some users. Reissued corrected database changes

User Feedback

Posted

Is this going to be upgraded to 3.2.X, or has it now gone E.O.L. In my honest opinion it was the best award system. Where is it now.

Share this comment

Posted

I know, he is going to update it. Hopefully soon.

Share this comment

Posted

This is so freaking perfect! We want this for 3.2 comon!

Ignited, Fantleas, Sokii and 1 other like this

Share this comment

Posted

3.2 support please, great mod!

Share this comment

Posted

updated

Huai likes this

Share this comment

Posted

Woo! Finally updated. Cheers matey!

Share this comment

Posted

updated again

Huai likes this

Share this comment

Posted

This is an excellent app! I've been using your awards app since it was version 1.0.0. I've recently upgraded my forums to 3.2.3 and I'm going to get this new version. Thanks for keeping it updated, I'm sure a lot of people love it as well.

CizZLe likes this

Share this comment

Posted

updated once more

@Moscow: Thanks for the kind comments

CizZLe likes this

Share this comment

Posted

It works with 3.3.x as can be seen on my display site (http://test.modstation.com)

Share this comment

Posted

Added (PIN) Awards support on my:

CizZLe likes this

Share this comment

Posted

This is a great mod! Thanks for your work on this. I would love to see added functionality for automated awards. For example, it would be great if the mod could automatically award people once they hit a certain # of posts, or once they have been a member for x amount of time.

Share this comment

Posted

Really nice. I love the look of the awards bar in the miniprofile and the fact it gives you an option to add it below the signature. But I just find it a huge hassle that it doesn't automatically resize images.

Share this comment

Posted

I really love this app... There are a few things to top it off. Determine number of rows and column, and be able to display ribbons by importantance. I will be willing to donate/pay for those ablities, let me know.

MageLeif likes this

Share this comment

Posted

[quote name='DreadfulGlory' timestamp='1341966809']
Really nice. I love the look of the awards bar in the miniprofile and the fact it gives you an option to add it below the signature. But I just find it a huge hassle that it doesn't automatically resize images.

This is an option in the ACP. It will create thumbnails for each award image when it is uploaded based on a new thumbnail setting in the Awards Management settings.

Share this comment

Posted

updated to a new version

Share this comment

Posted

Thx peaderfi!! great mod !!

Share this comment

Posted

Does anybody have this running on 3.4.1 at all and any problems? :)

veritasg-hq likes this

Share this comment

Posted

This is a very interesting mod! Any chance it will get updated for 3.4? :)

Share this comment

Posted

Amazing stuff, amazing work, thank you

nickname1 likes this

Share this comment

Posted

Need to make it so people can request awards and you can easily award those requests in the ACP

Share this comment

Posted

Amazing stuff, thank yoU! 

Share this comment