1 Screenshots

About This File

Member Map is an application that allows your users to put their (Exact or approx) location onto an interactive Bing Map. Member Map has a permission model so you can limit which groups can add to the map.

As an administrator you have the ability to place custom markers on the map, for example if you would like to post the location of an upcoming meet.

Features include: [*]Bing Map Support [*]Auto Center & Zoom on Locations [*]Permission support for add/update/delete [*]FURLS [*]Info Window contains User Group and Avatar (customisable via template) [*]Admin Managed custom markers [*]100% Language Abstracted - Translate in your ACP [*]Notification Support for when friends update their location [*]Content Spy support [*]Mini-map on users profile page [*]Mobile Skin support (New) [*]Geolocation support - Add location via GPS/cell sensor (New) [*]Ability to embed your map into your Facebook page (must meet certain requirements)
Facebook Integration
Facebook Integration was kindly financed by Noni for the community. To use the Facebook integration, you MUST have a working SSL certificate.

Simply upload the files/folders to your forums directory, don't forget to get a Bing API key (there is a link in the settings in your ACP)

Bugs
If you find any bugs in this product, please report them to our bug tracker.

What's New in Version 2.0.0   See changelog

Released

Enhancement: Custom Marker Support Enhancement: Guests can center map on their current location Enhancement: New Marker design

User Feedback

Posted

This is an awesome mod! Easy to use and very useful.

Share this comment

Posted

This is a very interesting Application and i would definitely encourage others to use it if they are looking for a Member Map!

Share this comment

Posted

This use to show a count of how many members used it. A version or two ago that stopped. Was there a reason for not showing that anymore?

Share this comment

Posted

Where can I change the link in the menu to another place?

Verry nice app by the way =)

Eric Allione likes this

Share this comment

Posted

My members have to put their adress in a custom profile field(s).
Can i use this for showing their location in the map? Would be much easier to use.

Any update for 3.3.x?

Share this comment

Posted

It works under 3.3.4?

Share this comment

Posted

This version is still using google API v2 which is depricated and will cease to function next year (march).
Anyone already updated this version to API v3?

CaptJeff likes this

Share this comment

Posted

I also tried to install it but Google API v2 isn't supported any longer - I didn't receive any valid key from Google. Any chance to use this addon any longer with a new installation?

Share this comment

Posted

any chance for an update for 3.3?

Share this comment

Posted

Not having any joy with this, keeps telling me V2 is deprecated.

Is there a V3 available???

Share this comment

Posted

Edit to my last comment, I have now found a way to make it work on a new install.

Brilliant app, well done.

Share this comment

Posted

Edit to my last comment, I have now found a way to make it work on a new install.

Helpful! Care to share your wisdom?

Share this comment

Posted

Very nice and clever..

Share this comment

Posted

Awesome mod...works on 3.4.1,

I think my community is gonna like this one!

Remember to use the v2 api. My wish is that the developer will consider upgrading it to use v3 api since v2 is on its way out so my map could stop working at any time. 

Great mod..author could charge for this one.

Share this comment

Posted

nice app, but do not work on bigger forums [too much markers].  Should be done in different way i have talked with author about. maybe in future. I am keeping fingers crossed for that!:)

Share this comment

Posted

Would be happy to get an update to use it in 3.4x

Share this comment

Posted

This mod is very cool but we need to handle v3 and a large number of members, is there a new version anytime soon ?

Share this comment

Posted

Thanks for the 3.4.3 update Stoo :)

Everyone send Stoo2000 a donation to help keep his developments going for us!

stoo2000 likes this

Share this comment

Posted

meh.. seems to work but it updates the api key kindof hard.. also if i set custom markers and put like more than one marker in the same address it will only show the last one..

Share this comment

Posted

Update from version 1.0.7 to 1.0.8 with  IP board 3.3.3 went fine.

Unzip the file, upload the admin and public folder using FTP soft.

From inside the ACP visit the applications and module,  the community detect a new version, ask to run the update and voilà things seems to run  like nothing happens

Thank you Stoo2000,

Share this comment

Posted

can't wait until it will handle 15k users:D

stoo2000 likes this

Share this comment

Posted

that excellent hook - but please tell me how to add some information below the name of user, something what he or she would like to tell, for example:  "I invite you to coffee ;) " and how to change manually the point (for persons, who's village is not on the map)?

Share this comment