SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jan 22 2011 02:43 AM
- Last Updated: Dec 05 2012 03:24 AM
- File Size: 87.55K
- Views: 27193
- Downloads: 3,093
- Supported IPS Software Version: 3.2.* & 3.3.* & 3.4
Download (JG32 / JG33 / JG34) Forum Spammer IP & Email Check via Stop Forum Spam 2.1.556 Votes
Adds a check during registration submission that checks the registers IP address and email address against a known list of spammer IP's and emails from stopforumspam.com. If it returns true for a spamming IP or email the registration is declined and the IP and email address can be added to IPB's ban filters.
- Uses IPB built in functions to query Stop Forum Spam
- Matched spam registrations can be added to IPB ban filter
- Report spammers directly from ACP with evidence
- Ability to whitelist IP's and Email addresses
- Page showing the registrations that have been blocked
- Graphs showing amount of spammers blocked per month
- Email notification of blocked registrations
There is an extras folder in this release that has a hook requested by Extreame. If you run your forum with the normal board stats turned off but want the amount of spammers stopped to still show on your board. Disable or uninstall the hook that installs with the mod and install the hook in the extras folder.
The ability to report spammers from the ACP was only added after a lot of discussion with pedigree from SFS. I have been in contact with him since the first release of this mod when it was still just a hook. It follows guidelines that he requested. Any abuse of the ability will lead to you being banned from using SFS. Please be responsible with this. It is only available to Admins and is in the ACP.
I will continue to work with him and the changes he is implementing be sure this mod does not cause them any problems.
What's New in Version 2.1.5 (See full changelog)
- Fixed a bug where some users decimals in the confidence score was converted to a comma and would cause a SQL error. This appears to only affect users that used a language other than english.
- Fixed a bug where that was causing SQL errors when updating stats for the month of December.
- Added a tools tab where Admins can remove all the blocked registrations from the blocked registrations page at once. This may lead to more tools as the App is built upon.
- Added section to stats page to show number of queries sent to SFS in the last 24 hours from your server. This will be useful for admins on a shared server that other sites with the same IP could be burning up queries causing your site to hit its daily limit.
Other files you may be interested in ..
30 user(s) are online (in the past 30 minutes)
13 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users
Google (3), MSN/Bing (1), rmnp4ms, +fadedturbulence, +Tyler Loewen, +RenegadeofAH, +1977Burton, The Detonator, +Valerie Phillips, +AJArend, +bing11, iWolverine, +Starwars, testemestre, Alexa (1), +ZaIeD, Facebook (1)