View other files from this member
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Mar 14 2011 06:34 PM
- Last Updated: Jul 22 2013 01:29 PM
- File Size: 118.9KB
- Views: 8171
- Purchases: 41
- Downloads: 168
- Demo: http://www.gottalk.com/index.php?app=sports
- Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x
Buy Now Sports Betting 4.4.718 Votes
This is a sports betting system I have been using and adding features to for years. It can be used to bet points on anything despite being designed for sports. It is not meant to be used for gambling with anything of value or to be used in any other illegal manner. It does have a built in point system, although some stats are better if you have a separate point system. Also members would start with no points to bet with the included system wheras standalone point systems give them ways of earning points.
This almost certainly won't work well if you're using strict modes or similar for PHP or MySQL. And it likely won't work with MS SQL either. I'll try to fix issues and also have it compatible at a later date, but it's uncertain when it would be.
It is strongly suggested that you also use a stand alone point system. This will work with simple points, ipoints, and ibEconomy as long as all of those are 3.2 compatible. You may also set itt o use any other field, as long as it is stored in the members table or the pfields_content table.
Some of the features:
•Bet points on matchups. A matchup can have many opponents with each one paying out at different ratios.
•There are settings which can allow members to have a certain number of free bets and big bets per month. Free bets allow you to pick the winner without risking any points. Big bets give an increased payout.
•Contests- Add matchups into a contest category. The members still bet as normal, but they receive extra points for the contest. When you close the contest the member who did the best wins a jackpot.
•Brackets- NCAA Basketball 64, NCAA Basketball 65, NCAA Basketball 68, NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL, and NIT playoff bracket contests. Members who end up with the most points can win jackpots, including a special jackpot for a perfect bracket. On your bracket page all correct picks are in green and incorrect ones are red and have a strikethrough.
•Several of those sports have unusual rules for their playoffs so it's interesting bracket setups including the brand new 68 team NCAA Tournament setup. Eight teams play in a new first round, including 4 whose seed can vary from year to year. All coded to work in this app.
•Various stats to show who your best members are.
•Tie Breaker questions for the bracket contests. these are optional and must have numerical answers. If someone ties again on the tie breaker, then the pot is split between them.
•Many ways to sort stats and view others'. You can only see other members' picks once the deadlines have passed. Then you can see their picks next to your own for comparison.
•You can always know this will be updated frequently with new features. I'm a big sports fan and use this myself so I update it often. I spent many hours allowing for the new 68 team format, for example.
I am always open to suggestions. I spent so much time on the code itself that there are some areas in need of better skinning. I plan on condensing the bracket functions into only a few. I also intend to improve the overall interface. It's mostly dropdowns currently.
Although I worked very hard testing this, let me know if you notice bugs. I have so much information stored that if there is ever a problem with paying points accurately I can make some tools to fix it most likely.
- Once again do not use this illegally. If you use links to logos be sure to obey laws as well as using this onl for fun rather than betting anything of value.
- For a 68 bracket you must enter the 8 teams for the first four games. Make sure that teams 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, and 7/8 are all pairs playing each other in the FIRST round. In the dropdowns below you will then notice options to allow you to show which spots the winners will then take.
- You must add all teams to the database before creating the brackets. Then the teams will be in dropdowns on the brackets. The easiest way to do this at this time is to look at a list of teams and either add them all at once by copying and pasting or you can check a dropdown to be sure which ones are already there. The team add form will ignroe ones you already added UNLESS you slightly altered their names.
- Think of Region A as top left, B as bottom left, C as top right, and D as bottom right. Then enter them all in the proper places compared with any online bracket you see broken into regions.
What's New in Version 4.4.7 (See full changelog)
- Secondary group permissions
- Took guest out of some permissions dropdowns which they are not allowed to receive permissions from anyway
Other files you may be interested in ..
By Dylan Riggs
Jul 30 2013 11:31 PM $22.00
Sep 21 2012 07:44 PM FREE
By Kleiton Nunes
Sep 10 2012 10:05 AM $1.30
Jul 25 2012 01:37 PM $25.00
Apr 10 2012 12:43 AM FREE
Mar 15 2012 02:02 PM FREE
Feb 28 2012 07:36 PM FREE
- 3,159 Total Files
- 53 Total Categories
- 537 Total Authors
- 632,217 Total Downloads
- Warn Button on User Profile Card Latest File
- Adriano Faria Latest Submitter
40 user(s) are online (in the past 30 minutes)
9 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users
Google (3), Google Mobile (8), +3DKiwi, +alexeng, Jemand, Yasunori Inamori_408666, +smileyau, +Volf, aerandria, Aleksey Novikov, +caliberxiii