3 Screenshots

About This File

A quick little hook that will enable you to have a simple global message showing at the top of your forums. You can turn the message on and off, specify which group(s) can see the message, which page the message displays on, and specify the text of the message to show using IP.Board's editor. You can display the message on all pages, or set either a whitelist or blacklist of pages to show it on, along with support for wildcards in the URLs of the pages to show/hide the message on.

Notes:
  [*]Now you can set a different message per group and still use the global message (old setting). [*]The following settings are common to both types of messages (old setting and group messages): Page list type, Page List and Print the page location value on the page?

What's New in Version 1.2.0   See changelog

Released

Added message per group

User Feedback

Posted

It works as advertised. Only one announcement possible, but very handy nonetheless

beneu, AndyF, elmejorweb and 4 others like this

Share this comment

Posted

you should try to add more options.
multiple announcements
choose colors (red, green, gray, yellow)
position: topbar, header, footer

i guess when it comes to multiple announcements it should be an application. we can learn from vb in this.

MadMaddox likes this

Share this comment

Posted

Great job Mike! Works great.... no complaints here.

Share this comment

Posted

Easy to install and customize - thank you for the useful tool!

Share this comment

Posted

Works perfect, thanks for making the mod.

Share this comment

Posted

Thank you for the great Mod, works perfectly.

Share this comment

Posted

I've just installed this and it works fine too. Thanks for doing it as it could be quite useful.
Is there a support topic on it anywhere. I was wondering if it was possible to change the Background Colour,
I know I can change the Font Colour, but was wondering how many ways it could be configured to stand out?

Ciao

Share this comment

Posted

Love it. Great work as always. :D

Share this comment

Posted

Yay! I love this hook, thank you for the work :D

P.R.O likes this

Share this comment

Posted

Thanks, works good.

Share this comment

Posted

It's streamlined, works great, and you can even get multiple messages working with this trick (although unsupported).

Share this comment

Posted

Works simply, fantastically, and powerfully, but then again, what else would you expect from one of Michael's hooks. Thanks!

AndyF likes this

Share this comment

Posted

Awesome! Nice, functional and very clean! Thanks, I hope find more hooks like this!

Share this comment

Posted

Works great! Thank you! :)

Share this comment

Posted

just install this hook, work like charm on my IPB 3.3.4
thanx dev

Share this comment

Posted

Works perfect on 3.3.4. I didn't expect it to mesh perfectly with all of my skins like that, very nice! It looks good enough to leave up 100% of the time. I just need to keep thinking of of something to say!

Share this comment

Posted

Wait maybe Im missing it, but I edit the hook and I dont see where to enable or disable

Share this comment

Posted

[quote name='LIF' timestamp='1348518404']
Wait maybe Im missing it, but I edit the hook and I dont see where to enable or disable

Please use the support topics for any questions. You're more likely to get a response there :)

Share this comment

Posted

Love the "Bacon ipsum dolor sit amet" instead of "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet".

Share this comment

Posted

Wow, such a wonderful hook! Thank you so much for this. Works very well on my ipb 3.3.4.

Adriano Faria likes this

Share this comment

Posted

R5 Turbo 2 IPB Full Member +Clients 162 posts 0 warning points Sent 09 November 2012 - 10:27 AM Hello,   I´m having an issue with your plugin: http://community.inv...-message/?st=20   When I wanto to install it, I get this error: Warning: file_put_contents(/home/fhclassi/public_html/hooks/sldTopicPrefixes_ModLibrary_506d16a09161e057c3ff9ef0c4195c96.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in/home/fhclassi/public_html/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/hooks.php on line 2185   What is wrong?   Thanks

Share this comment

Posted

Can you add an image?

Share this comment

Posted

Awesome...perfect for notifying my community about upcoming sever upgrades (site outage) etc. Works great...quick and easy.

Adriano Faria likes this

Share this comment