Submitter

SUPPORT TOPIC File Information

• Submitted: May 26 2009 05:13 PM
  • Last Updated: Jul 26 2013 12:16 PM
  • File Size: 125.15KB
  • Views: 88091
  • Downloads: 10,701
  • Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.1.x, IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

Previous Versions

• 16 May 2013 Download Global Forum Message 1.1.0
  • 14 Dec 2010 Download Global Forum Message 1.0.1
  • 15 Nov 2010 Download (IM) Global Forum Message 1.0.0

Download Global Forum Message 1.2.0

* * * * * 119 Votes

Screenshots
A quick little hook that will enable you to have a simple global message showing at the top of your forums. You can turn the message on and off, specify which group(s) can see the message, which page the message displays on, and specify the text of the message to show using IP.Board's editor. You can display the message on all pages, or set either a whitelist or blacklist of pages to show it on, along with support for wildcards in the URLs of the pages to show/hide the message on.

Notes:

• Now you can set a different message per group and still use the global message (old setting).
  • The following settings are common to both types of messages (old setting and group messages): Page list type, Page List and Print the page location value on the page?

What's New in Version 1.2.0 (See full changelog)

• Added message per group

Screenshots

Screenshots Screenshots

Photo
Stuart Elliott
Dec 13 2011 04:08 AM
Thanks, works good.
It's streamlined, works great, and you can even get multiple messages working with this trick (although unsupported).
Works simply, fantastically, and powerfully, but then again, what else would you expect from one of Michael's hooks. Thanks!
    • AndyF likes this
Awesome! Nice, functional and very clean! Thanks, I hope find more hooks like this!
Photo
PrettyPixels
May 21 2012 08:05 AM
Works great! Thank you! :)
just install this hook, work like charm on my IPB 3.3.4
thanx dev
Photo
Eric Allione
Sep 16 2012 02:37 AM
Works perfect on 3.3.4. I didn't expect it to mesh perfectly with all of my skins like that, very nice! It looks good enough to leave up 100% of the time. I just need to keep thinking of of something to say!
Wait maybe Im missing it, but I edit the hook and I dont see where to enable or disable

Wait maybe Im missing it, but I edit the hook and I dont see where to enable or disable

Please use the support topics for any questions. You're more likely to get a response there :)
Love the "Bacon ipsum dolor sit amet" instead of "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet".

Other files you may be interested in ..

• 2,053 Total Files
  • 19 Total Categories
  • 299 Total Authors
  • 523,296 Total Downloads
  • iCredits Latest File
  • Josť A Latest Submitter

40 user(s) are online (in the past 30 minutes)

8 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1), Google (1), +willorp, +do namson_512859, mdx, Laurent Belin, +Angel101, +Valvaris, +scott wood, Google Mobile (1), mithrim