SUPPORT TOPIC File Information

• Submitted: Dec 10 2011 11:26 AM
  • Last Updated: Jul 22 2013 01:38 PM
  • File Size: 68.67KB
  • Views: 11079
  • Purchases: 87
  • Downloads: 218
  • Demo: http://eladnava.com
  • Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.1.x, IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

Buy Now [EN34] Ajax Thanks 1.0.8

* * * * * 6 Votes
$12.00

Screenshots
Posted Image

This modification adds the ability for members to thank posters via Ajax. In addition, it keeps track of the number of times each member has been thanked and displays it in each post. It is very light-weight and adds no additional queries to the Topic View. It can automatically collapse the thankers if the list is too long. It can also integrate with (T30) Hide Content to show hidden content in posts simply by clicking the Thanks Button. Upon clicking the Thanks Button, the thanks will be added via Ajax and the thanks box below the post will flash three times to indicate that the post has been thanked. Finally, users can later choose to Remove Thanks if they regret clicking the button. Posted Image

If you bought this modification on Invisionize and need the new version for IPB 3.4.x, please PM me your transaction ID and PayPal e-mail that you used when you purchased the mod.

The price of the mod is $12 because IPS comission is 10% + $0.50, meaning I would only get around $10 from the money, which is the original price of this modification on Invisionize.

What's New in Version 1.0.8 (See full changelog)

• v1.0.8:
  • Fixed attachments BBCode not parsing when thanking posts with hidden attachments
  • v1.0.7:
  • Added support for IPB 3.3.x and 3.4.x
  • Fixed PHP warning in IPB 3.4
  • v1.0.6:
  • Added support for IPB 3.2.x
  • Added support for newest TB Hide Content
  • v1.0.3:
  • 0 skin edits, 0 file edits!
  • Member popup balloon for thankers list ()
  • Ability to Remove Thanks on a post you have already thanked
  • Profile view thanked count
  • v1.0.2:
  • Changed action overloader class to fix unexpected bug
  • Added setting to disable thanking topic replies and allow thanking the first post only
  • v1.0.1:
  • Added integration with (T30) Hide Content
  • Added collapse function to hide long thankers lists
  • Fixed "showuser=undefined" bug
  • Added Admin CP settings for integration and collapsing
  • v1.0.0:
  • Initial release of this modification.
  • Thanking is done by Ajax
  • Light-weight and fast
  • Admin CP settings to disable/enable modification, to prevent groups from thanking or to prevent thanking in certain forums.
  • Thanked counter for every member ever thanked
  • Name automatically added to Thanked by box after thanking
  • Thanks button disappears to prevent multiple clicking
  • Thanked by box flashes to draw attention to itself after thanking

Screenshots

Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots

I have this mod, it's great! Glad to see it finally on the marketplace.
    • 4joys likes this
Anyway to edit the text colour of 'Thanks' on the button?
Photo
Dreamlander
Dec 11 2011 08:16 AM
What is the point for "thanks" when you have "I like" feature of ip.board.I think it has same functionality/meaning
    • Depotoir and aliko like this
I'm also not sure what this offers over the existing "Like This".

Does this add to a person's reputation, which the "Like This" already does?

6-12 months later, if this mod is not still supported would people lose all their Thanks?

I could see this also easily being adapted as a RSVP option. Just disable "Thanking" on Replies, and change the name to "RSVP".
Photo
Dreamlander
Dec 12 2011 03:16 AM

6-12 months later, if this mod is not still supported would people lose all their Thanks?

Yes, this is a really big problem with all paid and non-paid hooks/apps.
I learn from my experience and I stay only with the ips apps/hooks.
I love this mod, especially with the hide hack.
@stimo, you can achieve that by searching the language strings in ACP for 'thanks' and replacing the appropriate language value with:

<span style="color: blue">Thanks</span>

@Dreamlander, a lot of people prefer the thanks functionality over the likes, the listing of every one who thanked the author below each post, and the number of times a person has been thanked. Plus, everyone loves Ajax. :) Anyway, this hook was developed before IPS implemented the like feature, and many people already got accustomed to pressing the thanks button. The like feature is only since IPB 3.2.

@Freeborne, it does not add to a person's reputation. It is standalone. Also, I will keep supporting the mod as long as new IPB versions are released. :) I always support my mods, as fast as I can. And yes, very easy to change the wording to RSVP, via the ACP language tools. :)

You really shouldnt worry about the support, Im not going anywhere :)
    • wildstang83, aliko and Dimitrios Detsis like this
@Elad Nava, could you add an option to add points to reputation when thanks made? Would be great.

What is the point for "thanks" when you have "I like" feature of ip.board.I think it has same functionality/meaning

+1 / -1 feature
+
Thanks feature
Do you have this for IPB 3.3.x ? If you I would love to purchase this mod.

Other files you may be interested in ..

• 2,023 Total Files
  • 19 Total Categories
  • 293 Total Authors
  • 516,707 Total Downloads
  • iCredits Latest File
  • Josť A Latest Submitter

53 user(s) are online (in the past 30 minutes)

15 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users

deltaco, +Mr blackman, +EdenHen, RonaldoOliveira, +Benjamin Molodecki, +4bdul, +Vanrau, Pallan, +keiichi morisato, Dariusz Paczkowski, samighz, +Titanan, +Vitalii Shatilo, WentiThcSmoQ, +Denniz38