SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jan 13 2012 08:35 PM
- Last Updated: Nov 09 2012 01:59 AM
- File Size: 19.99K
- Views: 21150
- Downloads: 2,044
- Supported IPS Software Version: 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4
Download Stop Spammer Registration 1.3.3a38 Votes
Stop Spammer Registration allows your forum to utilize online anti-spammer services to stop spambots registering on your forum.
Latest Version: 1.3.3a
Next Version: 1.4.0 (Coming Soon)
- Supports anti-spam services:
- Number of spammers blocked on Board Index
- Support for cURL
- Email Alerts when a user is denied registration
- Customizable error message when registration is denied.
Updating Stop Spammer Registration can be done in 4 steps:
- Make a note of your current configuration of Stop Spammer Registration.
- Uninstall the previous version of the hook
- Install the new version
- Reconfigure the hook based on your previous configuration.
While I try to keep this free from problems, there is always a chance something might break. Please post any issues you have had in the support topic.
Your contributions are welcome, if you would like to express your thanks send me a PM.
Warnings & Usage
- If the anti-spammer service you are using goes temporarily offline, this hook will be unable to check if they are a spambot. Registration will continue without this check.
- The accuracy of third-party anti-spam services that this hook connects to, is not guaranteed, there is always a small chance a real user may be blocked if their details appear in one of the databases.
- This hook is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees. This hook simply utilizes API's of other anti-spam services in the way you configure it. It is YOUR responsibly to follow the agreements of the services you choose to use, as well as the laws of your country. This hook was created to assist administrators in stopping bots and registrations using fake information, not to stop legitimate users. So please use it responsibly!
What's New in Version 1.3.3a (See full changelog)
- - [3.3.x Only] Important! Fixed mistake resulting in IP's not being checked.
Other files you may be interested in ..
58 user(s) are online (in the past 30 minutes)
25 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users
+KitCarl, MSN/Bing (1), jaycob, +doompay15, +Callump01, +Timur Tskhovrebov, +esquel, +Neogenius, +Weekly Sales Paper, +steve922, omen1911, simonb33, +NeoGrant, +gaby, +r3nos, +Anrio, +MaNiAc LRSC, tehpwnerer, +emre candas, +bubchen, +jss57, +Davyc, +ZaIeD, Thom@s, Fredss, +urbanguerilla