Submitter

SUPPORT TOPIC File Information

• Submitted: Jan 28 2012 12:23 PM
  • Last Updated: Jan 17 2014 06:40 AM
  • File Size: 6.18KB
  • Views: 6499
  • Downloads: 613
  • Support Info: For support, please use the support topic.

Previous Versions

• 24 Apr 2012 Download Simple Tag Management 1.1.0
  • 17 Apr 2012 Download Simple Tag Management 1.0.3
  • 01 Mar 2012 Download Simple Tag Management 1.0.2

Download Simple Tag Management 1.1.1

* * * * * 17 Votes

Screenshots
Let your members help you with tagging your content!

The hook will show a button next to the 'follow' button in the topic view, so you don't have to edit the first post for adding tags. Clicking on the 'edit tags' button will show a drop down menu in which you can easily add tags to the topics, or delete previously added tags. Please read the readmeTags.txt file for instructions and information on settings.

Features
  • This hook supports pre-defined tags as well as the open-tags setting.
  • You can set the minimum number of posts required before users can add tags.
  • Can be fully translated.
  • Shows you which user added which tag.
  • Tags can be deleted.
  • Supports 'force lower case' setting for both pre-defined and open tag system.
  • Supports 'max number of tags' setting.
Donate

This hook is free to use. But if you would like to support this hook's development you can donate here:
Posted Image

What's New in Version 1.1.1 (See full changelog)

• Fixed strtolower bug. Hook now supports force tag to lowercase-setting, also in case of pre-defined tags.
  • Hook now supports max number of tags setting. Behavior: Hook will add up to max number of tags. Thereafter, message will display in dropdown menu that tags can no longer be added, unless other tags are removed first. In case of multiple tags added at once, the first ones will be added up to the maximum number of tags.

Screenshots

Screenshots Screenshots

deletion of tags, still does not look
Tested on 3.2.2 version 1.0.1 it works fine!
You should check whether the variables of the topicViewTags template contain:
$tags, $rawtags

If not, you should add them. I am not sure why this doesn't come out of the xml. Will try to fix this if I have a minute somewhere this week...
thanks
Many thanks Donkerood, must be the most useful hook I've encountered so far. :-)

We are using one single tag only and I noticed that if you want to change an existing tag, it disappears when you select a new. You then have to select again before the new tag is set.
    • Donkerrood likes this
Thanks! You're very welcome. I use it myself a lot, and I'm very happy about it too ;-)

Can you pm me the url of your board? Or can you send me screenshots? Are you using pre defined tags?

Most helpful would it be if you could post this also in the support topic, so we keep the bugs etc. centralized! Thanks again!

Most helpful would it be if you could post this also in the support topic, so we keep the bugs etc. centralized! Thanks again!

Indeed. :)
Photo
Jair - ForumRM
Jul 13 2012 05:36 PM
Tested on 3.3.3 version 1.1.0 it works fine!
Great hook!!!!
Photo
Eric Allione
Oct 13 2012 10:25 PM
Thank you. I couldn't figure out how to edit tags but this looks to be the solution.

Other files you may be interested in ..

• 2,083 Total Files
  • 19 Total Categories
  • 304 Total Authors
  • 533,666 Total Downloads
  • Italian Launguage Pack Latest File
  • EnzoC Latest Submitter

34 user(s) are online (in the past 30 minutes)

3 members, 28 guests, 1 anonymous users

IndieIndeed, Bing (1), +Robert Simons, +Gorgasm, Facebook (1)