SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jul 07 2012 08:48 PM
- Last Updated: Jul 14 2012 06:27 PM
- File Size: 987bytes
- Views: 904
- Purchases: 1
- Downloads: 2
- Supported IPS Software Version: 3.3.4
Buy Now HideTitleAttributes.zip 1.02 Votes
This hook hides title attributes from IP.Board front-end. This hook also works with all IP modules.
- Extract the downloaded zip file.
- Log-in into IP back-end (AdminCP) and click on “Manage Hooks” under “Applications & Modules” section.
- Click on “Install Hook” button.
- Select the .xml file that you extracted and click on “Install” button.
When you mouse over any link in the front-end, it will display a tooltip. For example, if you mouse over on "Forums" link in the main navigation menu, it will display "Go to Forums" text. These title attributes continuous to appear all over the board. This hook simply hides those annoying tooltips.
One of the things that annoyed me when I started customizing IPB is that it likes put a title attribute on just about every link it generates. There are several reasons I don’t like that:
In most cases there is no option to disable the unwanted title attributes.
Many of the title attributes simply repeat the link text, which is meaningless.
- The default templates supplied by several Content Management Systems seem to duplicate the link text in navigational links into each link’s title attribute. I don’t know why they do this. It could be because the developers believe it will improve accessibility or that search engines like it. Either way, repeating link text in the title attribute doesn't do the end user any good. All it does is add repetitive noise and increase page size. It only makes sense to specify title text for links if the title text offers more or different information than the actual link text. Even in those cases, title text should be non-essential, since it will not be available to all users.
So the title attribute should be used with care, not just routinely added to every link.
What's New in Version 1.0 (See full changelog)
- Initial Release
60 user(s) are online (in the past 30 minutes)
18 members, 35 guests, 1 anonymous users
Facebook (4), Google Mobile (1), +Italienskan, Google (1), +BradHallett, +IPBWI.com Matthias Reuter, Alan, +kar3n2, +Jujulefooteux, +Mila432, +Edward Phillips, marcoskairos, paliwalie, +golgoth, +Smiter, eXon., loozx, +mcoylewil, +ArielTrafford, +SiN Jordan, burhan6220