• 29 Nov 2013 Download TracDown 1.2.3
  • 25 Sep 2013 Download TracDown 1.2.3
  • 16 May 2013 Download TracDown 1.2.2

Buy Now TracDown 1.2.3

* * * * * 10 Votes
$35.00

tracker tracdown

Screenshots
TracDown is a fully featured Bug Tracker. Helping you to Track Down your bugs.

TracDown makes bug tracking very easy, and was designed with the user in mind. You can perform otherwise complex tasks with only a few clicks.

What's New in 1.2.0?

TracDown comes with the following features:
  • Create and manage categories from the AdminCP, with full permissions
  • Create and manage versions from the AdminCP.
  • Easy issue management tools, including quick edit, full edit, comments and pinned/priority issues.
  • Convert any post on your forum to a bug report.
  • View Unconfirmed Issue Count on your forum home.
  • Adds a My Issues link to your user dropdown
  • Issues Tab in the users profile, of all issues they've created.
  • Integrated with IP.Boards Permissions system.
  • Integrated into the IPS Suite Comments system, so moderation tools are available throughout the application.
  • Integrated with IP.Board's tagging system, search by tags or use tags as prefixes on issues.
  • Integrated with IP.Board's View New Content system
  • Filter by Category & Severity from one page in a few easy clicks.
  • Visual representation on issue, a badge for fixed issues, private issues and pinned or priority issues.
  • Tracker to TracDown Importer (NEW)
  • and more!! (see screenshots)

What's New in Version 1.2.3 (See full changelog)

• Fixed:
  • Possible foreach error on issues
  • AdminCP actionbar
  • "There are no orphaned issues in this category" when deleting a category.
  • Able to move orphaned issues to a category which doesn't exist
  • Severities could be added when there were no categories
  • Versions could be added when there were no categories
  • Versions could not be viewed when there was no default category
  • Issue Tags did not respect the IP.Board Minimum Tags and Required Tags settings.
  • "Issue Options" doesn't update Versions / Severities when Category is changed. Removed Category change from this area and implemented a Move Category option under 'Issue Moderation'
  • Moved blank to top of staff assignment list
  • Stopped issue author (if staff) being automatically selected to be assigned to the issue on edit
  • Issue comments are removed when issue is deleted
  • Issue timeline is removed when issue is deleted.
  • Added:
  • Move Issue tool to replace the category changer on Add Issue / Edit Issue / Quick Edit.

Screenshots

Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots

How is this any different than the free IP.Tracker?
Really a great and interesting app! Good work.

One thing I noticed: You've chosen to put the categories (Projects in old?) on top in the blue bar. You will run out of space really quick when having more categories. E.g. IPS couldn't use it because they have more categories. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get around it. Changing the issue statuses to top and categories to left leaves somehow a strange feeling :)
    • Mikey likes this

How is this any different than the free IP.Tracker?

While both systems have thier merits, this is a brand new codebase, so I can implement new features without worrying about legacy support, or breaking something else.

TracDown uses IP.Boards native features whereever possible to cut down on the amount of queries, and speed up load times, so instead of writing my own comments class, I implemented IP.Board's comments class. (just an example)

TracDown also features a different outlook with the categories on the filter bar, and the severities tabbed down the side, which challenges expectations, but also makes otherwise-complex tasks simpler. Want to see all fixed issues? Click the fixed severity tab. One click. Want to change the severity/status/category/version of an issue? One click, a quick edit modal box pops up, making moderation quick, simple and easy. Leaving you more time to actually solve the bugs.

TracDown also ships with 4 hooks, which I believe are unique (at this time). They are:

Convert to Issue - Convert any post on your forum to an issue with one simple click. Fully configurable to restrict to groups, change the text..
Unconfirmed Issues Count - Shows a count of unconfirmed issues in the header to staff. Great motivation, also you can see how many bugs you have to fix, just at a glance.
My Issues - TracDown adds a My Issues link to the user profile dropdown, which shows you all the issues you've created.
Recent Issues - Shows the latest 5 issues in a block on the board index.

I just last night wrote an importer from Tracker to TracDown actually, and will be including this in the next maintenance release.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.
    • Kirito and Samourai like this

Really a great and interesting app! Good work.

One thing I noticed: You've chosen to put the categories (Projects in old?) on top in the blue bar. You will run out of space really quick when having more categories. E.g. IPS couldn't use it because they have more categories. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get around it. Changing the issue statuses to top and categories to left leaves somehow a strange feeling :smile:

In 1.0.1, or 1.1, I have slated a "Classic" view, which will show the categories in a table, you click those, and it'll show the issues, like Tracker does, for those with many projects.

I'm also going to be looking into ways to make the filter bar scroll, like the AdminCP tabs do when they run over to the next line.
    • Hatsu likes this
Mikey, do you have a place that we can submit request/ideas?
    • AndyF likes this

Mikey, do you have a place that we can submit request/ideas?

Feel free to email me as you did. :)
Yeah figured it out later in the day :)
Well, Im more than happy with the Track Down.. the front end is very close to perfection, requires just little cosmetics..

The ACP area is like 60% done in my opinion but the developer is like evil, keep doing his work very fast, so once he will have the ACP side done it gonna be likely very manageable application.

Also, I am happy cuz the developer listen to Customers needs and wants to make his app better.

Recommended.
    • DarkRider, Mikey and HaJAdmin like this

I just last night wrote an importer from Tracker to TracDown actually, and will be including this in the next maintenance release.

This would be perfect. Is the importer now shipped in TracDown v1.1.0 ?

This would be perfect. Is the importer now shipped in TracDown v1.1.0 ?

Yes, an importer is included.

Other files you may be interested in ..

• 2,071 Total Files
  • 20 Total Categories
  • 302 Total Authors
  • 528,268 Total Downloads
  • Sliding Quick Login Latest File
  • JosÚ A Latest Submitter

56 user(s) are online (in the past 30 minutes)

7 members, 48 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1), +Wan Imran Wan Idris, +Cyrem, +AxiS', +Mike_, +Jiřà Brenn, +ququruku, +Gravi5tar