SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Aug 25 2012 05:48 AM
- Last Updated: Sep 15 2012 03:09 PM
- File Size: 436.34KB
- Views: 1600
- Downloads: 56
Download (Wolf) Reply Into New PC 33005 (3.3 Beta 05)4 Votes
What this hook will do is add a new reply button to conversations and forum posts. The new reply button will allow you to quote a post into a new conversation. This is useful if you have a conversation going with multiple people but want to respond to only one person, or if someone has left the conversation and don't want to copy/paste their post into a new conversation. For forum posts, useful if you want to quote a post into a conversation without the hassle of copy/paste the content, link to post and/or topic.
- Following items supported:
IP.Blogs (comments on entries), IP.Board (posts in topics), IP.Downloads (comments on files), IP.Gallery (comments on images), IP.Nexus (reviews for products) and the Members app (private conversations and notification emails).
- Doesn't show button on content member made (they would be trying to quote their own content to themselves).
- Doesn't show button to guests
- Automatically adds author name and date to the quote details.
- For forum posts, automatically adds snapback information for quote.
- Adds link/reference to original source where content came from.
- Enable/disable hook from a setting.
- User group and staff access control.
- Performs a security check so a member can't try to quote content they don't have permission to view/access.
- Optionally change default link in email notifications to allow member to go to 'reply' screen.
- Add a new link to notification emails. (Use <#RINPC#> in language bits.)
- Choose which features to have enabled.
- Language bits in three sections (all located in the core section) - buttons, exec and error.
- Language bits for customization. Checks for extra optional language bits for additional customization.
- Debug logging for troubleshooting issues. (Off by default, still in development.)
- Option to delete/purge log files (located in settings screen).
- Option to skip a few times when an error might be generated.
This file is ionCube encoded. Please make sure you are able to run ionCube encoded files before attempting to install this hook! When the 'final' version of this hook is available, it will likely be unencoded.
This is a BETA release. I've given it some limited testing and it appears to work but need for others to test it for quality assurance purposes. Please DO NOT install this on a LIVE site!
I'm providing this beta version so that anyone who wants to test it out on a development site may do so. Please use the support topic here to report any issues that are encountered. It's been lightly tested on IPB 3.3.4. If you test this hook out, please reply to the support topic to let me know if it works or if you have any problems. Please include which version of IPB you are using.
I would appreciate it if the security of the hook were to be tested. Most importantly, making sure that someone can't quote content they don't have access to. (It does not check to see if the receiving member has access because it is their content being quoted.) Thanks!
Note: Version 33005 expires on September 29th, 2012.
What's New in Version 33005 (3.3 Beta 05) (See full changelog)
- FIX: hook not working when set to use individual apps (issue with 33004)
- FIX: When member isn't using RTE, quoted content would appear messed up.
- UPD: This beta expires on Sept 29th, 2012.
- UPD: Language bits separated into different groups (buttons, exec and errors).
- UPD: Tweaked code in the 'exec' file so that everything goes through one main function for consistent results.
- ADD: Support for IP.Downloads file comments.
- ADD: Support for IP.Nexus product review comments.
- ADD: Access control (user group, staff)
- ADD: Setting to enable/disable hook
- ADD: Ability to delete/purge all log files from settings screen.
- ADD: Can choose to 'ignore' certain errors (otherwise they get an error screen).
Other files you may be interested in ..
Nov 21 2013 01:01 AM $15.00
Sep 16 2013 10:04 AM FREE
By newbie LAC
Sep 11 2013 06:00 AM $8.50
By Michael Keith
Sep 09 2013 07:57 PM $17.00
By newbie LAC
Jul 11 2013 01:21 AM $11.00
Jun 20 2013 06:47 PM $7.00
Jun 01 2013 03:13 AM FREE
By Adriano Faria
May 23 2013 12:26 PM $7.50
- 3,158 Total Files
- 53 Total Categories
- 537 Total Authors
- 631,646 Total Downloads
- Tapatalk Forum Application plugin for IPBoard 3.4 Latest File
- tapatalk Latest Submitter
81 user(s) are online (in the past 30 minutes)
24 members, 40 guests, 1 anonymous users
Google (3), +ssaeth_merged, Google Mobile (13), +Simon Woods_33279, +ramzes, Laenan, prototype514, +exel80, +Rolf Sprave, +Volf, +mamio, +Grant B, [email protected], +Maxunit, +Jouwdan Designs, +thomasdw, CrAsH94, +Black Six, +gmanias, Gustavo Pereira, +mdx, +ArMaTeC, +BeyondAusten, +AlexBanu, +William Santos, +Invite Scene