Restricted Reply Function
This hook will allow you to specify selected forums in which only certain groups may reply to topics others have started. This will in effect 'override' the setting which allows members of a group to reply to others topics but doesn't limit which forums they may reply in. This is extremely useful in forums where it is imperative that a staff or other qualified/certified member is replying to the original poster, keeping out others who may unintentionally cause confusion or other problems.
Works with both 3.1 and 3.2.
* Enabled (disable feature without having to disable the hook)
* Select which forums are affected.
* Select which 'staff' are exempt - forum moderators, global moderators and/or administrators
* Optionally select additional groups to exempt and if that group must be the members primary group or not. (Sounds confusing but it provides additional options!)
The 'ic54' file is for IP.Board 3.4.x and encoded for PHP 5.4.
blair is using it on Geeks to Go for the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal forum.
(Please do not register on that site just to test the hook. If you need to test it, please test it on N*Raged.)
This hook is ionCube encoded. Please make sure that your hosting server supports ionCube encoded files before purchasing!
* You may install this hook on up to five (5) sites that you own. If you own more than 5 sites or need to install on more than 5 sites, please contact me.
* Once you have made the purchase, you may use the hook indefinitely. Renewals are strictly for support and product updates. If you choose to not renew, you may continue use the versions you have already downloaded.
Please click here to read a rough copy of the EULA