Has anyone successfully upgraded a Invision 3.4.7 board to 4.0 beta 3? It failed badly with beta 2 and I read a remark that my issues would be fixed in beta 3. That was not the case. Once the upgrade begin I start getting missing columns from various tables. First one: I confirmed that this column is indeed not there. If I hit continue it will fall for similar reasons on dozens of tables.
Seeing several errors related to invision forum pages beginning with "PHP Warning: Error While sending QUERY packets". I've search the internet and everything I've read is that my max_allowed_packet variable in my.cnf is too low. I've been raising it steadily but error has not gone away. Has anyone else had this issue? What did you do to fix it? I'm using Apache 2.4.10, PHP 5.5, and Maria DB 10.0.15. Thank you for any assistance.
I'm hoping someone else has seen this error. We have been seeing these a few hundred a day for a while now and I've tried all kinds of things to reduce with very little luck. Haven't determine the trigger for it but it is only impacting are largest site running Invision 3.4.7. All modules are up-to-date and we are using Apache 2.4.10 on an Ubuntu 14.04 server with PHP 5.5.19-1. Looking through the Internet I've found tons of people seeing these issues but no clear cut answer as to how to diagnose and fix it. Usually the error just goes into the error log and has no impact that I can find but every now and then, maybe once a day the server becomes unresponsive (only for this site, I'm running multiple vhosts). and I then have to restart apache in order to clear it. It will remain in this state indefinitely until I do. Has anyone seen this error on their Apache server? I grabbed a bit more of the log from when it happened last night. You can see the last two errors followed by the AH00051. It continues for about 15 minutes till I noticed and restarted the server by issuing a service apache2 restart. I replaced the IPs and full paths with some dots, otherwise, it is unedited. I really need some help on this one. Its is causing us a lot of grief and I've spent hours trying to figure it out. Thanks for the assistance!
Has anyone had success with updating an existing forum from 3.4.7 to 4.0 Beta 2? I get tons of errors. First when converting members. We have 344,000 members and it would die with "An error occurred Location: Step 1. Application Core" about every 25,000 or so. I would click retry and it would start going again. Once I get through members went smoothly for a bit and then died again. These errors: Unknown column 'sys_module_admin' in 'where clause' UPDATE `ibf_core_modules` SET `sys_module_area`=? WHERE sys_module_admin=1 Location: Step 1. Application Core Unknown column 'title' in 'field list' INSERT INTO `ibf_core_member_ranks` ( `id`, `posts`, `title`, `pips` ) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ? ) Location: Step 1. Application Core Unknown column 'title' in 'field list' INSERT INTO `ibf_core_member_ranks` ( `id`, `posts`, `title`, `pips` ) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ? ) Location: Step 1. Application Core And it keeps going from there. I have tried upgrading three times so far and same batch of errors at about the same time.
It is a dedicated server. I've been tailing that slow query log for about an hour now and nothing has been dumped in it. I also made two changes to my.cnf last night that significantly reduced the issue. I was averaging about 3 MB a day in the ACP SQL error log is now in the K's. The two values I changed were:
max_connections, raised it to 500.
table_cache to 1000.
I did also notice I'm now using some swap space. Using about 332 MB of swap space right now. I'll check that slow query log after work tomorrow and see if anything shows up in it.