Valtasar added a post in a topic: [EDITED] Update to Facebook Login/FB Connect Setup
Valtasar added a file in MaintenanceUpdate IPB External Translations vDescription:
Simple php script to UPDATE any PREVIOUSLY (externally) translated language files from an older IPB version for a newly released IPB version.
Reads all *.php and *.js language files from "translate" folder, replacing any (translated) language bits found from the corresponding file in "translate/old_translation" folder.
Results are finally written to "translate/new_translation" folder (same filename).
New (untranslated) strings are added at the END of each file, so they can be immediately detected when viewing/editing each file!
One can then examine the output files, make any necessary edits/additional tranlations and finally copy ALL files from "translate/old_translation" to "translate" so that they can be re-imported to the database from the ACP.
How to run:
1) ACP>Look&Feel>Manage Languages : Activate "External Translation" for your new language. An external translation session will start and language files will be placed in "translate" folder under IPB root folder.
2) Place "update_translation.php" file at IPB root folder.
3) Create two new folders: "translate/new_translation" and "translate/old_translation"
4) Place any PREVIOUSLY translated files from a previous IPB version at folder "translate/old_translation".
5) Run php script (from commandline or from web)
6) Examine the (output) files at "translate/new_translation" and translate any untranslated strings (they are at the end of each file).
7) When finished editing, copy the files from "translate/old_translation" to "translate".
8) Re-import the translated files from the ACP using the "External translation" tool.
SPECIAL strings that DO NOT exist in ENGLISH (they NEED to be added ONLY in languages OTHER than english e.g.: 'calendar_display_title', 'blog_display_title', etc in core_public_global.php) are NOT copied from old translations.
You need to add these language bits manually at the end!
- 39 downloads
- 0 comments
Valtasar added a file in Maintenanceipb2_utf8_convert_v1.0.php vExperimental PHP script to convert the content of an IPB 2.3 database to utf8
INSTALLATION: put in IPB home folder, check/modify the configuration parameters and run it from command line - the script may require several hours to complete.
- Fully automatic - it will examine your database and convert only "char varchar text enum set tinytext mediumtext longtext" fields.
- Fields with other (known) encodings can be specified.
- Fields to be ignored can be specified.
- Lengths in fields that are serialized are properly corrected after the conversion.
If you get "MySQL Server has gone away" message", try setting the MySQL server variable "max_allowed_packet" to a high value (e.g. 24M), or decrease the value of the $limit configuration parameter.
1. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
2. ALWAYS KEEP A BACKUP COPY OF THE ORIGINAL DATABASE
3. CONVERSION TO UTF-8 IS IRREVERSIBLE
- 71 downloads
- 0 comments