For anyone that has this same issue, it appears to be related to using the latest version of Tapatalk. If a Tapatalk user quotes a post, this behaviour occurs. Also, if a Tapatalk user clicks "like" on a post with a quote in it, it also appears to cause the same behaviour. I've disabled Tapatalk on my forum for the time being until I can either roll back to an old version or the devs fix this.
Sometimes when people quote a post and reply, the quote in their reply shows up like this: - [t-quote name="username" post="1111111" timestamp="1111111111"]blah blah[/t-quote] Any idea what's causing this? Obviously it seems to be that "t-quote" is showing up instead of just "quote", but I can't figure out why that's happening. I'm using IPB 3.4.7. I only noticed this happening in the last day or two.
I'm not sure if it's the intended behaviour (I'm assuming not), but when I use this tag, the embedded player appears, but it's just a black rectangle with no controls or video thumbnail or anything showing, but when I click on it the video starts playing. It's a bit confusing for users, as all they literally see is a black rectangle until they click on it. Could you have a look at it perhaps? I dunno if FB have changed some code again.
The square image next to "og:image" is the new meta_image.png file that I uploaded, but at the bottom it's still showing the default IP.Board logo and that's what appears when I share a link to my site on Facebook.
When someone posts a link to my forum on Facebook, it just displays a stock IP.Board image. I assume I just need to replace that image with one of my own? If so, where is that image located and what dimensions should I use for the new image? If not, how do I do it?
I was having a PM conversation with a member of my site and I submitted a reply and an image appeared at the bottom of it saying "Proudly made on a Mac". It turned out to be an old attachment that someone else had uploaded years ago. I edited the reply and deleted it.
A little later in the conversation, the other member replied to me and another old attachment (a zip file containing a document) appeared in his post. He PMed me again and asked why the attachment was there.
Any idea what might be causing this and how I can fix it?
<iframe id="ytplayer" class="EmbeddedVideo" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://youtube.com/embed/$3?html5=1&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen /></iframe>
If http links are auto-embedding, you could try adding a second entry for https links. Copy the details of the http entry, but just change "http" to "https" in the Media Replacement Match section.
It's been a while since I used 3.1.4 so I can't remember what the media tag settings look like, but in the current version there are 3 fields for each entry: -
Media Replacement Title (this is just the name of the service, so you'd put "YouTube" in here)
Media Replacement Match (see below)
Media Replacement HTML (obviously the HTML code goes here that makes the embedded player appear)
Assuming the settings are similar in 3.1.4, try using this for the Media Replacement Match: -
Obviously, copy and paste the existing code into Notepad or whatever before you try that, so if it doesn't work with that version of the forum software you can at least go back to where you were.
That code will work for http and https links with YouTube.
I set a Q&A challenge that was impossible to answer and I've had 0 sign-ups either, so there's clearly no serious vulnerability with that.
That only leaves 2 options: -
1. Someone is manually signing up, then once they're in, the spambot takes over.
2. The spambot is capable of Googling for the answer to the Q&A challenge, although I find that highly unlikely.
My forum doesn't get many new members - maybe 1 or 2 per day. Yesterday I had 20-25 sign up in a short space of time, all but 1 of them spambots it seems. I set it up so that I had to manually validate accounts and I watched a spambot sign up, which I instantly deleted, then 2 minutes later it had signed up again with a slight variation on the name, a different email address and a different IP address - that happened about 5 times in a row.
I changed my Q&A challenge to "What is a Pro X Fade? Clue: It starts with f and ends with r (all lower case)", but it still didn't stop them.
One of them just started 2 threads about buying cheap meds (the usual crap these things post). Either the Q&A challenge is useless now, or someone has manually signed up to the site with a bunch of accounts in order to set spambots loose.
I also manually approve new members, but it can be hard to tell if they're spambots or not. I obviously don't want to delete an account unless I'm 100% sure, which is why some are getting through.
I have literally had no issues with spam for a year since I set a tougher Q&A challenge, but all of a sudden, right after first replying to this thread, my site is being hit by a bunch of spambots and changing the Q&A challenge didn't stop them.