U are NOT M$ and never become them. If I develop an application or hook to order, I rectify errors if they are, instead of I suggest the user to wait, while I will think up the new version. It's how my software works.
I don't ask about 3.1.5, I ask about update and bugfix for 3.1.4. For me and other customer, who doesn't want to be a member of your "racing team".
I've paid money and since November (3.1.4.) fix your errors by yourself. I can, you can't?
By the way, run open poll:
1. I want have patches for current version.
2. I am ready to use version with bugs and ready to wait for the following version.
And will see a counter of " most of our customers want us to keep pressing forward" on our display.
How it's work? I have downloaded board_3.1.4 on 18.11.2010, download it's today and run file compare. Found 2 (two) minor differences - in ipsRegistry.php and comments/bootstrap.php. It's all bugfix from november or bugs in my compare soft?
Kventz, i'm IPB coder/application developer, don't send me to support forums or peer to peer, i can answer to any question and solve any problem with IPB, it's my small busines.
If bug was found, it should be immediately eliminated by the developer. Not in the new version, in the current!
About whom you now speak? New features?? 95% forum users never press anything more complex than "Reply' and "New topic".
For support and "polish" current version enough one developer. All other can create new bugs in new version.
I use IPB since 2.3.1 and never saw completely working and "bug-free" release! I pay money, but what I have? I finance your lovely hobby or buy software?
I don't want next 3.2.x (full of new bugs), i want working 3.1.4, want patches for each found error, want " fixed in 3.1.4 "!!! I ready to apply patches every day and every hour, but not ready to search for your errors and to correct them.
I already hate 3.2.х because I represent, how many new problems there will appear! I want to have a rest from IPB, I want to receive release which works!
You have arranged "race", trying not to lag behind competitors, but buyers and users of a boards suffer from it.
I have over 3Gb monthly uploads, original IPB storage system isn't convenient!
I make my own storage system, but each updating of the forum version it's necessary to waste time on modification of a large quantity of files.
Please, make universal storage!
My idea (it's work on my forum):
All uploads in uploads/monthly*/ , no other special dirs
Under monthly* dirs - system & component dirs:
(based on $type from class_attach)
Under every components dir - subdirs for images, thumb, screenshots..
Directory setup - in ACP for all components in one settings group.
Only two functions in core:
One returns array of dirs based on file upload time (or time()) and type ( i use IPSLib::getAppUploadPath($time, $type); ).
One for creating new monthly directory structure (with check for installed components, i call it from scheduler in the end of month).
No tn_, _med and other addition to file name, all file store as is.
No superfluous records in db, one filename for all, thumb (med) saved as tinyint, not as filename, no dirname store.
Easy search, easy backup, easy administration..
1. Add to information.xml structure fields <langsgroups> </langsgroups> for deletion lang files (like <templatesgroups>).
2. Change id structure (member_form.php & group_form.php) to tabtab-MEMBERS|[app_name] (checked, it works, but?)
3. Place application tabs after already created system tabs.
Application and module - abstract concepts, it's only folders and DB records, not php files.
Sections - real php module with own logic (defaultsection), but there are no management methods in ACP for sections.
Can be to make so?
1. Create applications
2. Create module set for application
3. Create section sets for modules (names, description, defaults)
4. Big button "Create base application structure" (folders, sections files with class sceleton, xml)
1. If try to create lang_pack via "Copy language pack" - no new directory created in cache/lang_cache.
2. After search we get table with "Default Value" and "New Value" colunms, but there is no information in what word pack it's found. Whether probably to add colunm with link to pack?
3. php close tag (?>) in lang files - it's not necessary?
4. "Add new entry" from word pack dropdown menu - word pack name not copy to "Pack Name" field.
5. Removal (delete) function is necessary for word and word pack.