IPB is just better all around, how about speed, performance, and even though you handle security with a few extra measures in place, IPB is secure as they come. Not to mention the fast bug fixes, and if security holes are found they get patched almost as soon as they're found.
Expecting to run any forum software on shared hosting once it hits over 20 users online at a time is really pushing it. Especially these days the way hosting companies oversell and the features that most modern forum solutions offer.
Software development shouldn't be retarded due to limitations of a host.
Yea, but converting 2000 pages would take forever! And i doubt CCS will ever have the ability/option for users to modify/post/edit content on CCS pages, I just don't think it was the intended (or unintended) scope of the program.
These features would help transform CCS into a full fledge CMS system that couldn't be beat. Its already a great product and easy to use but hopefully with a few minor additions it can become even better.
1. Better integration of uploads/media. Making this like the default attachments that is in every post would be fantastic. Having to go to a separate page, to upload CCS media is troublesome most of the time and just adds extra steps.
3. Posting pages to a forum. Whenever a new CCS page is created, it should be able to get posted to a specified forum. The ability to post each article to a different forum would be awesome, but to start with, having them all posted to one forum would be grand as well. Of course, having it so its just a snippet of the article (say first 500 characters) would be outstanding!
4. Better integration with the forums. Having the CCS pages open for comments where a user can comment on the article (conversely if a forum thread is created from above suggestion and a user replies to that it shows up in the article as well).
5. And last, an option to send a thread to CCS. Some users post really great threads that are full of information and need better exposure to help promote your community. Having the ability to easily transport a thread from the forums, out into the CCS would make this product really stand out from others.
6. A navigation module, that listed the categories/folders from your CCS installation (I'd imagine it would have to allow for selection of what folders to display) and then listing the contents of those folders underneath it. IE a user has 4 folders, "assets, Folder 1, Folder B, Folder <3" they could select to show "Folder 1, Folder B and Folder <3" in the navigation module, then the pages they have in each folder.
Thats all my suggestions for IP.CCS Its a great product and I look forward to future versions ;)
You'll never get the exact replica of your URL's from vBSEO to any IPB product without countless hours of testing, and help. However there are a few SEO modules for IPB, and so far from what I've seen most IPB templates are more SEO friendly to begin with.
You're best bet is to make the switch, and setup a 301 redirect from the old URL format into the new format, and all you'll have is a short term hit. (I also made the switch from vB+vBSEO to IPB, and I dont regret it for one second)
But its more settings to screw with. I made the switch from vBulletin in part because of the ease of use of IPB. When you start adding 3 more options for each setting you'll end up with bloated software, unmanageable code, and a lot of other useless trash (See vBulletin for reference)