If we wanted to scrap the new forums and use regular forums can we use Promote to Article to show an item as news on the Portal?
I can't find any decent overview of how the 'promote to article' system works, with respect to:
- What happens to the original post on forum, is it retained?
- Comments made to the article - are they fed back to the original thread?
- Is there any special block control needed?
- Is the article posted in it's entirety to the portal, or can it be cut down and trimmed using the same code as for thread posts?
- Are attached images or inline images brought out into the article?
Any tips at all from those that use the system would be appreciated.
You are very lucky that the issue does not affect you, but it certainly does to a heck of a lot of us. If you take the trouble to look at the tracker that I referenced above you can see examples of the issue demonstrated.
Matt has admitted there is an issue and it will be looked at being reinvented for 3.2.
"I see your added information, and the report has been flagged as "Confirmed - Ongoing Research". The developers are aware of the issues with VNC and working to correct them. We have no fix at this point. Please monitor the report for updates."