Possibly, but I think it's quite unlikely that any version of Flash for the iPhone is going to be able to play video encoded for the desktop without issue. So these sites would STILL need to provide mobile-friendly encodings of their videos, and if they do that then why bother with Flash at all?
Have they? I'd be interested in seeing that if you have a link. But even if you ignore the performance problems (which I'm not convinced have have gone) there's still the interaction problem.
I would love for someone to paint me a mental picture of what Flash on a mobile device means to them. What does it get them that they haven't got now? Because I *honestly* can't fathom what people think they'll be able to do with it.
Hmm. Are you using DHCP? Perhaps the MacBook's lease on it's IP address is expiring and for whatever reason it's not able to renew it correctly? Try configuring the network settings manually with a specific IP address. See if that helps.
Just wondering if anyone else has used Bluetooth Stereo (A2DP) headphones with Mac OS X (Leopard) here. I'm finding the sound slightly distorted. There's a somewhat persistent crackle that doesn't make music unlistenable, but is slightly disappointing. I've ruled out the headphones because the sound is flawless (to my ears) when played from a number of old mobile phones. I've also managed to rule out the bluetooth chip in the MacBook as when booting from an Ubuntu LiveCD the sound also seems flawless to my ears.
Anyone else experienced this? Just trying to figure out of it's just a poor/purposely distorted implementation of A2DP in OS X, or whether it's a unique issue between OS X and my headphones.
Edit: Oh, and no, I'm definitely not playing the music through the (mono) headset mode. The sound's distorted, but not THAT distorted. ;)
I've got the videos virtual folder showing... it doesn't organise them into any kind of sensible structure, just lists ALL the videos in the library. IIRC the folder lists anything with a mimetype of video/* BUT I did have a problem with OS X returning application/* mimetypes for some videos. I'm guessing you need to setup the mappings manually in config.xml as you guessed. :ermm:
Haven't gotten pictures working yet, videos was my main priority. ;)
I just spent the last few days wrestling with the same problem. The best solution I've found is MediaTomb .
It's a little tricky to setup on OS X. You have to use Fink, and you have to enable the unstable repositories. I used this guide to get it setup and working with my PS3 .
Now that it is setup though it's working really well. I've set it to automatically scan the Movies, Music and Pictures folder on my iMac for changes, and it works reasonably well. Of course making sure that the source files are playable on whatever client device you have can be a bit of a minefield. But a couple of conversion tools like FFMpegX, VisualHub and Handbrake will usually solve any problems you'll have with specific files.