Just do what i'm currently doing. I already have the license (if you don't, purchase it so you have the software as soon as it gets released). And finish everything that doesnt require re-customization for example the forums, topics etc.
But before i make my decision... i would like to know in the new version of Nexus (when 4.0 gets released)
I own a restaurant and i want to make a website for my restaurant, we offer Take-Away and i was thinking about making an Online Menu where you can order and the order will be sent to a printer that is located at the restaurant with order details like name, ordered food, address, paid/unpaid and when they want it delivered etc etc.
Will that be possible without me spending thousands of dollars on modifications?
1. You will be able to download 4.0 once it is released if your license is still active.
2. Find another host.. there are plenty of hosts out there that do not limit your database size.
3. You're allowed to have 1 public installation and 1 test installation that must be not be open for the public.
4. It has a very simple installation process.. you upload the files and then you just install it via the ACP.
1. No, you will need to upgrade everything to 4.0 once it is released.
2. Probably this year.
3. It's way smoother ;)
4. Probably because of the price, MyBB is free, which attract more users (therefore more votes).
Other boards have several admins. And if several members report an admin, i think he/she should be removed as staff. I don't think this was ever meant for the head admin or the owner of the site to be reported by thier own members but for members to be able to report staff and admins to the head admin aswell.
It could be nice to only show display name, perhaps an avatar and your post count and your profile is hidden from any user until you accept thier friend request. And of course this can be changed by the user.