here is instructions to convert http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/tutorials/conversions-server-transfers/conversions-r175
We note the fine print says "no matter what software you run, you will retain your members, forums, topics and posts". That don't say nothing about your store/subscriptions. But Euro's grease all skids and maybe they will take care of your subscription too.
here is download for converter http://www.invisionpower.com/suite/convert.php
I will try converting my phpBB test forum and see how the conversion goes
Your two problems revealed by check_requirements.php
1. IP.Nexus Only: Checking for ability to load Zend Guard encoded files...FAIL
Not able to run encoded files such as IP.Nexus. You can still use IP.Board, IP.Downloads. IP.Blog, IP.Gallery, IP.Content, IP.Chat
2. Checking memory limit (128M or better recommended)...WARNING
Your memory limit: 40M. You can still proceed but we recommend you contact your host and request the memory limit be raised to 128M to prevent possible issues.
I had the same issues with my IIS 5.0 system reported by running check_requirements.php
1. what worked for me was to download the zend optimizer following the instructions in the for me .EXE installer and we were good to go. zend passed.
2. what worked for me As far as the memory issue open your php.ini and search for "memory_limit" and change the value to 128m and we were good to go.
NB: I had an openSSL issue. which was resolved by enabling openSSL in the php.ini again. There is probably more to do for me regarding SSL, like certificates and all but I will get to it when I need'm and maybe never on my lab server.
Now I did a search in documentation and followed the instruction in ACP of demo site and nowhere did I find where IP.subscriptions comes from. it certainly is not listed at neither Tools & Settings > System Settings nor in ACP My Apps tab pull down. We need to get this figured out. What IP.app is it in? Can we see it in the demo so we can understand?
Now if I could get answer from Mark RE: "Pay per Topic" over on [url=" pre-sales question thread , I will spend money today and get on down the road.
thanks for the heads up on "zend Guard" I had not run check_requirements.php on my server.
1. here is IPB zend Guard write up http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/knowledge-base/recurring-non-version-specific-issues/encoded-files-with-zend-guard-r536
2. here is zend Guard free download to be run on server http://www.zend.com/en/products/guard/downloads
3. here is German language pack
I am doing this for my own edification Akonze and don't mean to get in your way. After all, we hit IPB nearly at the same time so I just thought we could ride together.
I can't answer you question number 1. But they are going to get back with on a similar question I had. I have posted some questions in this forum too. Now if I were in your place I would go directly to whoever here at IPB does the porting from vb for a fee and see what they say. You have a lot of euro's at stake and that question deserves to be elevated above this forum to marketing and/or engineering. I don't know? That is just what I would do.
1. FOI "popup when mouse over the topic title " http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/3574-topic-preview-on-hover/
2. FOI "The board supports a help system out of the box. The link is in the top right corner of the page, next to the "Sign Out" link (or "Sign In" link, if logged out)."
3. You said "We use prototype in IP.Board." could you give me a link?
4. Need that answer from Mark RE: "Pay per Topic"
5. "bespoke data store" is in the image on this page http://www.invisionpower.com/products/content/
7. FOI "add custom fields on the registration page" http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/documentation/administrator-control-panel/members-tab/members-manage-custom-profile-fields-r98
1. I am going to set up my IP.Board and etc in my lab to debug its interface to some custom hardware then take it live out in the lunitic fringe on your server or on other vendor server. Do we have any licensing issues with this? All I need is one license, right? And I download the code from you upon payment, right?
I just came over from vb yesterday and the experience thus far here has been a great relief. Hope I am not out of line but here is what you want that I have found so far keyed to you questions.
3. Go here http://community.invisionpower.com/files/
and go here http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/developer-resources/custom-applications/start-here-creating-an-application-r156
and go here http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/developer.html
4. Go here http://community.invisionpower.com/files/category/110-skins/
and go here http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=core&module=skingen
and there is probably more yet undiscovered
5. go here http://www.invisionpower.com/suite/requirements.php
and down load "compatibility checker"
6. go here http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/documentation/administrator-control-panel/system-tab/system-settings/system-ad-code-integration-r346
and run the demo from here http://www.invisionpower.com/suite/demo.php
7. go here http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/tutorials/general-tutorials/upgrading-language-packs-r449
and there is probably more yet undiscovered
"unsure if I do the right now" you mean "unsure if I am doing the right thing". Was not lost in translation. I would pay these guys to do the port from vb ( they say they will, but I am sure there is some fine print) ). Sounds like you need to Take a break so put the monkey on their back.
The look and feel may be slightly different and you have to judge if you customers will accept it. So I think it would be wise to like maybe give them a link to a demo site for them to play with and then poll for their opinion on the matter and take it from there. You know your clientele it is a social network after all.
1. How do you enable the dhtml popup when mouse over the topic title in the demo like here in this "presales forum"?
2. I notice there is a help button in this editor. Do you have a help button for general instruction on how to use the board or will I have to add that.
3. I will add jquery UI or Yahoo UI to my board. Do you use jquery or YUI and at what rev and do you see any great difficulty in doing this?
4. I will charge $$$ for use of certain features (a subscription per topic) I will add to my board. Should I use IP.Nexus for the users to place their order and then can I access this subscription information to control the operation of the board for that subscriber? IP.Nexus sure seems to be more than I need????? But it looks like I sure could use IP.Subscriptions but where do I get it?
5. OK it has got to be "haute couture" but what is a bespoke data store? Wikipedia does not have an entry for the term. And do I need IP.Content to operate a topic subscription service and act as a go between IP.Nexus and IP.Board?
6. Where can I download the IP.... documentation?
7. I have looked and looked but cannot find where I add custom fields that I will require on the registration page. Can you tell me about that?