My humble opinion is that there should be only 1 option for privacy in your profile. As email address is required for all users then there should be a slide button behind your email address with option " Show publicly in my profile ". Any other fields (Skype, phone etc.) are optional and if you want this information to be private then don't fill out those fields.
Other things like your profile picture, profile statistics and feed etc. are part of getting involved with your community's activity. Actually I'm very surprised about these privacy topics all over the Internet. If you want certain things to be private then you shouldn't write this information to the Internet. Like if I'm posting in some community, I would like to know whom I'm communicating with. I found it really annoying talking with incognitos in all topics. Especially in market topics I have.
For me it's discussion board not social network channel :)
Ok, now I added 'utf8' to conf_global.php and board is back online. All forums are ok, accented letters as well but if I open a random forum, theres either no topics on it or just a few. Pagination is present but will display empty forum view only.
I have tried to update my database to UTF8 with no luck. Some help and advice needed.
About 3 years ago I converted my forum from phpBB2 to IPB. I did not know anything about characters set and so on, I just converted one way or another, just to get it working. So in my new forum charset for IPB become UTF-8 but database remained latin1 .
I'm running Estonian language forum so accented letters in database was like ä=Ã¤, ü=Ã¼ and õ=Ãµ but in forum view it show correctly a, ü, õ and so on.
So I first tried to convert it to utf8mb4 but got an error about allowed length etc. Why utf8mb4? Because my host has set it as default for databases so I thought its OK. Then I tried utf8 and it run all the way. I was like "yaaai!". But then I looked database and all ä, ü, õ letters were still symbols. In forum view they were OK. So I thought I will wait for some time when IPS removes those errors.
Then IPS updated converter and this time conversion started but stopped in 0.57% and did not moved on. I looked into database and all accented letters were properly converted. After waiting 2 hours (in 0.57%) I just clicked refresh and got an error about length again. In backup_vars table if I'm not mistaken. So... I thought to drop this utf8mb4 thing and try utf8 all the way. It ran about 70% when I got first error in search_keyword table about duplicate entries . I manually removed those and eventually it was 100%. Then I tried forum and it gives me FATAL ERROR , telling me I have something wrong with my character set. No "yaaaai" at all, huh? :(
So could some smarter person could help me with this issue?!
Luckily my database is only ~200MiB, so it's not some huge work.
"Delete" button in own last post, if theres no further replies yet (regular user) - my board users have requested this way tooooo much, think they type before think;
Market options - sell, buy, exchange option in topic creation and button to mark topic as sold (I know I know theres hook for this, but I dont like hooks) + required fields before publish - theres many forums out there having market category;
"Update Topic" or "Bump Topic" button by custom rules (theres hook as well but it's not working for all users) - I'm quite tired that users have reply "UP" if they want to update topic, after couple of months theres 3 pages of "UP" posts out there;
As I have market category, I would like to see feedback option in users profile (positive and negative system with comments) - it's like what every user thinks about you and 5-star rating isn't good enough for me, would like to see "positive", "neutral" and "negative" options and ability to change comment;
And site search - actually I cant find anything relevant with it!
Right now, if user is allowed to lock topic it appears in " Topic Moderation " dropdown menu. BUT if user is allowed to change topic title as well then they have to click " Edit " in first post and then " Use Full Editor ".
I believe " Edit Topic Title " should be in " Topic Moderation " dropdown menu as well. So it will be easier to explain users how to edit topic title.
Few of my users have this odd issue after every upgrade.
I have "Print HTTP headers" and "Print HTTP no-cache headers" set to YES but almost after every upgrade they have problems with pages using AJAX. Then I always suggest them to clean their browsers cache and then everything works fine. Have to mention I always recache all in Cache Management and recache skin sets. I've noticed those users are mostly using IE.
Few weeks ago I changed my host to another and this problem came out again. Funny because address stayed the same.