Well, doesn't the dot show if you have read that particularly topic or new posts? (dark dot, dark star, etc). New content is not a great example, but is does show different icons. It also adds a link so you go directly to the last unread post.
I'm also unsure about the use of the report center.
What I think it should do:
1. Member reports a post (or any other content they are allowed to report - group permission)
2. SMOD or MOD (moderating that specific forum) can see the report(s)
3. When anybody updates the report, the member should be able to see that (this is a group permission as well)
4. SMOD/MOD Completes report
But nothing less, a member can report, but can't view a report center or at least his last report which is not completed.
So now I'm unsure:
1. Group permissions? ( Can submit reports?/ Can view reports?) What does 'view' mean in this context?
2. Report Center as System Tab of ACP. What do these Plugins do? I don't see anything about them anywhere else.
3. Same thing with Report Status. I know you have the 3 default status messages, but what do the flags define. How many members report the same content?