Photo

bugs in upgrade made by ips tech support

Hi -

I asked IPS support to upgrade my board from 3.14 to 3.3.4

Following the upgrade, I went crazy looking for system settings which simply could not be found. The reason ...

http://community.inv...s/#entry2292541

okay, now another missing issue:

no custom fields. not visible under Member when you click on it in the ACP

looks like there is an issue with some of the files during the upgrade to 3.3.4.

not sure if this is just a 3.14 -> 3.3.4 issue or a general issue for upgrading to 3.3.4

Hope this helps.

Brian

Version: 3.3.4
Fixed In: 0

2 Comments

Updating Status to: Cannot Reproduce

There's a number of things that could have gone wrong: an XML file not uploaded properly or a mysql error or something else. Best wait and see what gets found from the ticket, with just those details I don't even have any idea on where to start looking for a possible issue.
HI -

Thanks for considering the report. My ticket had to be escalated and here was the report:

Support ticket 811953

from Mikey:

Hello,

We've reviewed your request and unfortunately, it is going to require further investigation. I've escalated your ticket, and it will be addressed as quickly as possible. Because of the advanced nature of your request, please note that it may take longer than usual to fully address your concern. I apologize for this delay and appreciate your patience.

Regards,

--
Michael Burton
Invision Power Services, In

and then from Andrew:

Hello,

This issue should now be resolved for you. Some of the application modules had not been updated during the upgrade. Not having performed the upgrade myself I can't answer the why unfortunately but please let us know if you encounter any other problems.

Regards

--
Andrew Millne
Invision Power Services, Inc.

Please understand ... I am not harping or complaining ... just relaying information that might be useful to better improve the software and upgrade process.

Thanks,

Brian
    • Mikey B likes this