Photo

I follow but don't get any email notifications

I follow News and Information forum.

I have marked Notification method to use for topics in followed forums (email)

Yesterday was started new topic but I didn't get any email notification.

Version: 0
Fixed In: 0

35 Comments

Confirmed he has a core_like record for forum id 1 with immediate notification type and last sent timestamp of 1304601826 (May 5th 2011)
Confirmed he has the mentioned notification option checked
Confirmed mail_queue is empty

Can't see any obvious reason the email wouldn't have been sent and I know others are receiving emails.
I fixed multiple issues with the permission checking for topic/forum notifications. It's likely that this is now resolved as well. If it's an issue after 3.2.3 please let me know.

Last SVN deployment here was 3 days ago and I made the fixes yesterday and this morning.
Still not fixed.

Today I didn't get ANY email about new topics in News and Information forum.
Uhm, I didn't get it either Matt.
I can still confirm
I got the email.

I got the email.

Are you sure that you got the notification email? I didn't. But I did receive the announcement email.
I think so:

[attachment=34616:ipsnews-3,2,3.tiff]
However, I didn't receive any announcement email, unless I'm misunderstanding something and that email IS the announcement email.
No.
There is the notification email that a topic was added. That one I never got.
There is also a mailing from Invision which I did receive.
Some members from my site plus myself are not receiving notifications for forums or topics we follow. Any chance of a patch for this?
Try this:

[attachment=35174:notificationsPatch-Nov-11.zip]
    • rightchild likes this
Patch uploaded but I'm still not getting notifications of topics that I follow and have had replies. I have email instant notification enabled.
Is it a blanket "nothing" or just "sometimes nothing"?

Is it a blanket "nothing" or just "sometimes nothing"?

I'm following a couple of topics and have not received anything.
Okay I think I've tracked down what the problem is. In my notification settings nothing was checked. Surely if I select a topic or forum to follow and receive immediate email notification then doing that would also enable the notification option? It never occurred to me or some of members that they also had to enable some settings in their control panel.

I'm going to have to figure out a MySQL query I assume to enable these 4 options for all of members.

3DKiwi
Hm. I can see where you're coming from Nigel. I think we can do something with that actually.
Photo
Marcher Technologies
Nov 09 2011 10:44 PM

Hm. I can see where you're coming from Nigel. I think we can do something with that actually.

........ i see where you are going and i like it :P is it not feasible to trigger the ACP member notifications settings defaults if one follows a topic but has none selected?
Photo
Marcher Technologies
Nov 09 2011 10:44 PM
and of course opts for notifications ;)
i'm having the same problem
Photo
• Jay •
Nov 10 2011 07:10 PM
Duplicate report, please refer to http://community.inv...164#entry132164
Photo
• Jay •
Nov 10 2011 07:11 PM
Shoot, nevermind. I didn't see this was the second page, lol...

I can't edit my post. :(

Okay I think I've tracked down what the problem is. In my notification settings nothing was checked. Surely if I select a topic or forum to follow and receive immediate email notification then doing that would also enable the notification option? It never occurred to me or some of members that they also had to enable some settings in their control panel.I'm going to have to figure out a MySQL query I assume to enable these 4 options for all of members.3DKiwi

If you figure out that sql querry, please let me know as well... i have a similar issue.
Hello, new here. I can confirm on a new installation that regular members receive e-mail notifications from PMs and registration, but administrators do not.
Hey guys, is fix really only for the next major version? I need hot fix for this. Notications about new topics can better catch spammers and rogue members. Few minutes ago I found three off-topic topics started two hours ago.