Photo

Wrong date format in IP.Calendar

I'm setting up a brazilian discussion board and I noticed that the date format in IP.Callendar is wrong.

First, although that's a minor issue, the month names should begin with a capital letter. The second point is the format itself, that should be "15 Agosto 2011" not "agosto, 15 2011".

Posted Image

In Calendar Settings > IPS Apps > Calendar & Birthdays, I found only a field for the event submission date format, that is correctly set, by the way.

Posted Image

I've read that IP.Calendar date format is controlled by my locale, that is also correctly set to pt_BR.UTF-8.

Posted Image

I've set, in System Settings > Advanced > Date, Time and Number Formats, all date and time formats to %c (preferred date and time stamp based on local) and %x (preferred date representation based on locale, without the time), but the date format in calendar kept unchanged.

Posted Image

The date and time format are correctly displayed in every inch of the board, except in calendar.

Please could you check this issue?

Version:
Fixed In:

4 Comments

We are using for that area

gmstrftime( '%B %d, %Y', $in_week )

We can consider adding ACP settings for this in a future version, but it's not a bug at present.

We are using for that area

gmstrftime( '%B %d, %Y', $in_week )

I will ask for support in client area, I would just like to let you know. I changed the code manually (in modules_public > calendar > view.php). I had to change three lines (1935, 1941, 1955), but the date format in "Day View" kept unchanged. It's disappointing. Posted Image

We can consider adding ACP settings for this in a future version, but it's not a bug at present.

That would be great! You would make a lot of non-US customers very happy! :)
This is not something we can provide support for in the client area. We do not assist with modifying the skin template or the PHP code I'm afraid.

This is a limitation of the software at present - I'm afraid there is no official 'solution' to what you are after until we add some sort of date formatting option configurations.
Well... So I'll wait for a solution.

Thank you!