Photo

Chat not scrolling to bottom

When using the latest IP Chat it won't scroll to the bottom when new messages come in.

Version: 0
Fixed In: 0

40 Comments

Works fine here
Photo
Fishfish0001
Jan 19 2011 08:27 PM
Its been doing it to me on every IP Chat thing, even on different sites. Its annoying to say the least, not sure whats doing it.

Chome 8.0.552.231 Max OS X 10.6.5
I have the same problem for members using Chrome. Any chance of some advice as apposed to the "Works for me" stock answer?

At the moment I'm testing out with my moderators, needless to say it's not worth paying for if support for issues is so relaxed. :thumbsup:

[attachment=29162:notscrolling.png]
Updating status to: Confirmed - Skin Issue

The tracker is not for support but for bug reports and Brandon couldn't reproduce when he replied, only after Chrome was mentioned but we usually don't look at bug reports already closed.

I'll re-open the bug report so Brandon can take another look using Chrome, however, if you need support submit a ticket from your Client Area please :)
Happens to me as well, would love to see a fix for this. :)

..Al
Updating status to: Cannot Reproduce

Works fine for me using Chrome.

If you're having this issue I would recommend submitting a support request.
Photo
Fishfish0001
May 03 2011 03:46 PM
Its happening on the IPB 3.2 Demo too. Its really driving me nuts.Also if I am at the bottom, it scrolls me up some when a new chat comes in.
Can also reproduce on here using Chrome.
This is confusing because I never have problems with the auto-scrolling. :-\
Updating status to: UNFILED

I have heard this from many people lately. Can we look closer?
This happens to me as well (Chrome 11, tested on multiple computers, all running Windows 7 either 32 or 64bit if that matters). Same result on all in Chrome 11, haven't tested in Firefox, Opera, or Safari yet, and I don't know if I have the guts to test it in IE ;)
Photo
Fishfish0001
May 04 2011 04:09 PM
I noticed it seems to pop back up to my last reply, or near it when it happens, but its only sometimes.
Not working for me either. Only randomly working for me... scrolls down sometimes but not every time. Last 5 times i've had to scroll down myself.

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit Google Chrome 11.0.696. I'm using the following plugins:

Posted Image

if you go to this link: i've posted a video with the error http://www.screenr.com/U9w
Updating status to: Confirmed - General

We can look closer, but if none of us can reproduce I have no idea how to pursue. :unsure:
Just to clarify: at the start of that video, you weren't at the bottom of the chat window - was it working before you scrolled up?
Updating status to: Confirmed - Ongoing Research
Photo
Fishfish0001
May 07 2011 10:03 AM
Is there a chat somewhere that is busy, or can we make a busy chat on here sometime so I can see if it might be the AdBlocker?

Honestly I have no idea whats doing it, and the JS console shows no errors.
You could go to the chat room here and talk to yourself
Photo
Fishfish0001
May 08 2011 05:24 PM
It only happens with other people talking though, at least for me.
It was only scrolled up since it didn't autoscroll to the bottom. It was not working at all for me.
I have managed to reproduce the bug and found out whats causing it. The bug appears when you post a smiley in the chatroom. The default ones including the ":wub:" smiley causes this. the more smileys posted, the more offset the scrolling is. i thing this is due to the smileys being bigger in height than the area allocated for the chat message and a calculation error for the height of all the chat messages occurs. Please fix this issue.
    • B.Money likes this
Photo
Fishfish0001
Jun 02 2011 04:31 PM

I can confirm the smiley theory.

Photo
♥ Adam ♠
Jun 03 2011 10:18 AM

Can confirm this is still going on (not working)

Google Chrome (current)  on Mint Linux

Ie8 on Win7 is having issues with auto scrolling on this site.

Scrolls to message when I post, but not when others post.

Me, Ryan, Brian and Collin have just been trying to reproduce this to no avail.

If you're able to reproduce this, want to help me debug and are available some time between 9am and 5pm London time any day over the next few weekdays to do so - please Email me.