Photo

ccs_nav on wrappered revision pages.

[attachment=40390:Selection_050.png]
umm... this is not supposed to... well... be possible... right?
In Wrapper.... viably reproducible here, as I'm viewing the stock articles database with stock templates.

Version: 2.3.2
Fixed In: 2.3.3

13 Comments

Tested both locally and on this site and it's not using the special IP.Content navigation bar.
Photo
Marcher Technologies
Jun 19 2012 11:09 AM
the oddest thing farber... is i can reproduce this on three live sites, none of which are my own, as well as locally, but I as well am unable to reproduce it on my live site... will respond when/if I can dig up what it is doing.
Feel free to have those sites submit a ticket directly.
Fill out a ticket - Request ID808550
Photo
Marcher Technologies
Jul 09 2012 02:18 AM
FYI Farber, as I said in my first response, this one is dicey.... he is reproducing it on a completely different database view.
Photo
Ryan Ashbrook
Jul 09 2012 11:11 AM
I'm seeing this on my site. More or less a stock Content installation (I've done nothing to the Articles database / templates). The page in question is the "See All" link on the category menu block, where it lists all categories.

http://screencast.com/t/qiXElMxH6vdd

There are actually two problems here. The first is the wrong navigation trail, which is caused by the {ccs special_tag="navigation"} tag in the default articles.html page.

If you remove that, the invalid navigation trail disappears. However, there is a further issue in that, the REGULAR trail is not displaying either. I can't see why that part isn't working, actually.

If you need any more info, let me know, or even a place to take a look at if you still can't see it locally.
Photo
Marcher Technologies
Jul 09 2012 12:52 PM
thanks Ryan, I was having trouble getting a live example up.... add to that the fact two unrelated 'extra' database views seem to trigger it at whim... been at a bit of a loss on this one.... some installs, it appears not to occur at all with that tag present :unsure:
Ryan - email me access to your site so I can investigate. I cannot reproduce locally. I may have already changed something or fixed this elsewhere, but it didn't make it into the package for instance.

Posted Image
Photo
Ryan Ashbrook
Jul 09 2012 06:40 PM
Sent.
This happens when the articles database key isn't 'articles' (the code to set the navigation stuff was hardcoded to look for that).
Photo
Marcher Technologies
Oct 04 2012 06:58 PM

This happens when the articles database key isn't 'articles' (the code to set the navigation stuff was hardcoded to look for that).

Needs looked at again on 2.3.3
Fresh Install:
category crumbs

record crumbs

the revisions/categories pages are happy though... so just apply similar to what you sorted there :rofl:
I don't think replicating is possible on an upgraded install, I have tried several times now, but fresh, does that^
Locally, I just searched for:
$this->pages->addNavigation( $crumbies, 'articles' );
in articlesBuilder and replaced with:
$this->pages->addNavigation( $crumbies, $this->database['database_key'] );
(which AFAIK was the fix for category/revisions view, or was modified in said fix(addNavigation change?)) and is fixed.
Oh, and I can reproduce on the QA site :P http://internal34dev...-to-articles-r1
Updating Status to: Unconfirmed

-
Updating Status to: Fixed

Ok, I updated all those instances - seems fine locally and sounds like you're indicating that resolves the issue.
    • Marcher Technologies likes this