javascript errors after upgrade - fast reply blank screen etc

upgraded to 2,3,1

since upgrade have had a lot of problems with own site

one example is a blank screen after using fast reply in forum

cant track this really
though opera console gives up

JavaScript - http://xxx/public/ip...cks/compiled.js

Linked script not loaded

i noticed a new lone directory in the package "public/3rd_party/ckeditor/_source"

guessing this may have something to do with some changes

Version: 2.3.1
Fixed In: 2.3.2

8 Comments

have since seen the permissions problems reported for /public/ipc_blocks/directory
and imported the block templates and generated the missing files

on default skin the forum "fast reply" works

however it still doesnt work on custom skin

for info here's the error generated on ie8 with custom skin

Webpage error details

Line: 80
Char: 74
Code: 0
URI:xxxxx/forum/public/min/index.php?ipbv=9492c85a9c42e9f74fb2cd7cff17df28&g=js

Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: forum/public/ipc_blocks/compiled.js

suppose it may be classed as a custom skin problem but as it effects the forum and it all worked before the upgrade thought may be of use

happy days
That last error means the custom JS/CSS isn't being injected properly.

If you aren't at 2.3.1, try upgrading, and then recaching your skins. Otherwise, if this only happens on a custom skin, I recommend posting in the support thread for that skin, or in the general skin assistance forum if the skin is your own.
looked deeper at this and found the cause for the blank screen to be when add any ipcontent block to the topic post template
no matter what the content or if html or php or feed, cached or not,
if i add a block to a topic post template the use of the fast reply will give a blank screen - the post does get made though
does happen on the default skin as well

looked deeper at this and found the cause for the blank screen to be when add any ipcontent block to the topic post templateno matter what the content or if html or php or feed, cached or not,if i add a block to a topic post template the use of the fast reply will give a blank screen - the post does get made thoughdoes happen on the default skin as well

disabling disable_js_injection via skipping it in the core ipcontent functions.php seems to resolve this
but really struggling to find any docs/posts/info on the whole js injection matter
any chance of a link to such or if not a quick explanation of a better way to disable and any disadvantages of doing such
have posted the support side questions in forum here
http://community.inv...n-how-and-what/

maybe this issue needs to be looked at again as can now reproduce across own setup with default skin and default blocks ?
I added a generic block to my postFormTemplate template in skin_post and the fast reply as well as full reply still worked fine.

Please clarify the specific steps needed to duplicate this issue.
thanks for reply
the generic block postion that failed was in the acp skin group "topic" it was the "post" template (the actual template for showing the individual post content and set up so displayed in the first post only )
which I think is part of the skin_topic.php not the skin_post ?
That explains it, thanks.