Photo

"Check Topics" in IPDownloads ACP shows list but no categories have support topics enabled?

This has been something I've noticed for quite a long time now and doesn't just affect 2.5.1 - I did raise a question in the IPDownloads support regarding a query used previously to clear this problem but I'm now thinking this could actually be a bug of some sort.

I've had support topics enabled previously, but since emptied the forums and made the necessary changes in the download cats to stop topic generation. The support topics which did have replies to them previously, I kept, and moved to another new forum created for the purpose of archiving only.

So, as it stands right now, I don't have support topics enabled, yet I then enabled support topics for one category with only a few downloads in it and run the "Check Topics" it then shows masses of "Files that have a topic linked, but it is invalid".

Firstly, can this be considered a bug? ... and secondly, does anyone know the query to clear it?
Thanks
Marko

Version: 2.5.1
Fixed In: 0

3 Comments

You can run this query to clear it

update downloads_files set file_topicid=0

I'll look into the issue itself.
Photo
markopolo2002
Jun 25 2012 03:11 PM
Cheers Brandon
Updating Fixed In to: 0
Updating Status to: Not a Bug

The issue itself is not a bug. The tool is designed to find files with missing support topics in order that they can be recreated. If topics are manually removed from the forums, that is the scenario we are left with.