Photo

IPB 3.3 issue causes missing listing?

After going through the first 3 betas of IPB 3.3 I still have a problem that came up after the first beta upgrade install.

If you have Download categories and they have sub-categories with multiple files - since the upgrade it only shows one file even if there are many more.
It may even show a "Next" page on the listing but if you click next there is only one item there also.
Everything still shows correctly on my production site as it has not been upgraded - so it must be related to IPB 3.3 (or IP.Content).

[attachment=37678:listing error.png]

Version:
Fixed In:

25 Comments

Sorry - Downloads version 2.5.1 - IPB 3.3 beta 3 - IP.Content 2.3.0 beta 2
Actually, that's not related to IP.Board 3.3 - and there's another report about it (think it is already fixed for the next release in fact).
I can confirm this after I upgraded to 3.3.0 full. This is a pretty serious issue to just wait for 2.5.1 (I presume it's yet to be released since I can't see it in my Client Centre). Is there temp fix for this? I have quite few files and it's a problem if users can see only 1 file in each category.

Thanks.
http://community.inv...slightly-broke/

I *think* the fix was in downloads/modules_public/display/category.php

Change

$this->registry->downloadsTags->getCacheJoin( array( 'meta_id_field' => 'f.file_id' ) )
                                                                )
                                    )        );
           	 $this->DB->execute();

while( $row = $this->DB->fetch() )

to

$this->registry->downloadsTags->getCacheJoin( array( 'meta_id_field' => 'f.file_id' ) )
                                                                )
                                    )        );
                $res    = $this->DB->execute();

while( $row = $this->DB->fetch( $res ) )
It did the trick (using Firefox here). Thank you very much! :)
Ah... many thanks - that fixed it for me.
Thank you! Fixed it for me too...
edits fixed for me too.
Photo
markopolo2002
Mar 22 2012 10:58 AM
it sure fixes the issue of showing the listings, but is there any particular reason why we have, what appears to be a space for a screenshot still down the left of the listings? Or maybe a better question would be, COULD we include a screenshot down the left hand side of the listings to fill that space? :)
Cheers
Marko

it sure fixes the issue of showing the listings, but is there any particular reason why we have, what appears to be a space for a screenshot still down the left of the listings? Or maybe a better question would be, COULD we include a screenshot down the left hand side of the listings to fill that space? :smile:CheersMarko

A screenshot is shown there if present

Posted Image

Just take a look at our marketplace.
Just upgraded to version 3.3.0 and got the same problem

The fix above worked great though.

I *think* the fix was in downloads/modules_public/display/category.php

The full path is: admin/applications_addon/ips/downloads/modules_public/display/category.php

It took me some time to figure it out. :) Was not so obvious for me.
There's a KB article available with the full details: http://community.inv...pboard-330-r736 :)
Photo
markopolo2002
Mar 23 2012 03:14 AM
Hmm, I'm not seeing any screenshots at all in the sub-categories.

I'm confused why this has changed for me in IPDownloads, given that it was IPBoard and IPContent I upgraded and haven't touched IPDownloads at all. The situation for me at present is I can see screenshots on main cats like I always could, but sub-cats now have a space where there should be a screenshot, although this space wasn't present before the upgrade.

Am I missing something here or should I raise a ticket to investigate or simply wait for the next release of IPDownloads?
Cheers
Marko
@markopolo: that's strange, better open a ticket :)
Photo
markopolo2002
Mar 23 2012 05:38 AM
Will do :)
Has anyone else applied the patch and still not gotten it to work?
Applied the patch today and it works fine.
Photo
markopolo2002
Apr 18 2012 04:13 PM
I think there was a new ticket created because the problem I had was I didn't have screenshots enabled for sub-cats and so that space remained there - so Ryan gave me another fix which was:
In ipdownloads.css, find
#idm_category .basic_info {
        margin-left: 95px;
    }
and replace with
#idm_category.with_screenshot .basic_info {
	    margin-left: 95px;
    }

#idm_category.no_screenshot .basic_info {
	    margin-left: 0px;
    }
http://community.inv...ay-screenshots/ ;)

That's a completely different issue
Photo
markopolo2002
Apr 18 2012 04:16 PM
Sorry about that Brandon, been a long day!! Feel free to bin these comments :)
This upgrade brought a lot of problems. The forum was stable and now it is giving a very bad user experience on my community.

I was not able to perform the path fix and as result some members see the listing while some others don't.

Please provide an updated downloads portal version as soon as possible.

Thanks.
Works like a charm. A shame this is not told when downloading 3.3 (in the news article for example)
It's in our KB. We can't possibly list every potential incompatibility you may hit in the news announcement, which is the reason we have a KB outlining these things.

We are working on a new release of IP.Downloads which will include this bug fix.
After the upgrade for sure. Applied the fix. and it works. thanks
If you're using the new IP.Downloads 2.5.1 we released yesterday there should be no need to apply again the fix as it's included.