Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will you purchase the Invision Community Blog?

45 posts in this topic

Posted

I was just wondering, seing as we all know the price and have had some time to tinker with it. :P

Edit: I have no idea where "Do you plan" came from, I'm getting ahead of myself. :P

Posted

After I play with it on here a little...

Unsure if i will wait a few weeks or not yet... who knows.

Posted

Just purchased it. Not sure if I will regret it or not :">

Posted

considering it. I'm sure I could get all the kids to chip in for it...

Posted

Not to happy on the price :(

But gonna look into finance.

Ross

Posted

Yes I am going to buy it in a few weeks time, I am currently building a website and a blogging feature will be a brilliant additation to it. :)

cap

Posted

I should get the money shortly and i will certainly be buying it :)

Posted

please add an entry for MAYBE

Posted

please add an entry for MAYBE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that'd just throw the whole thing off now... wouldn't it? lol

Posted

already put a request in for it :) ... should be a great addition to my community :thumbsup:

Posted

I voted Nay because of the price. If everyone were to hold off on it and agree to purchase at a lower cost then maybe IPS will chip it down a bit more. Even if someone were to offer to pay for it for me, I would decline it based on principle (I mean really, $50 add on to a $70 product and it can't be used as a stand alone thus meaning $120 minimum?)

I'm not buying not only because of the price but because I don't feel it would benefit my needs (however, since it's a stand alone product, I don't think the price is unreasonable for it).

But for the blog? I still say that $50 is unreasonable given the conditions.

Posted

I honestly think the price is OK. Running a business has a bunch of costs involved that many don't see, like insurance, taxes, wages, etc. I am sure the price was discussed. I don't have a problem paying for something if its professionally designed like most items IPS has to offer.

- Bill

Posted

The thing to remember is that the product is made. Yes, a few bug fixes will be needed, but after that, it's doing nothing but bringing in practically pure profit. Yes, it's arguable to point out that it's taking up space on a HD, the transaction costs $, etc, but ultimately that's less than $1 per sale in the long run.

I just believe that $50 is way too much. I was eager for this mod when I saw it first announced. But seeing it at $50, I'm no longer eager to try to get it.

Posted

I won't be purchasing it.

Its overpriced!!! :(

I'll just install wordpress and link to it :)

Posted

I voted Nay because of the price.  If everyone were to hold off on it and agree to purchase at a lower cost then maybe IPS will chip it down a bit more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But some of us think it is already fairly priced and as such are happy to purchase it at this price.

The thing to remember is that the product is made.  Yes, a few bug fixes will be needed, but after that, it's doing nothing but bringing in practically pure profit.  Yes, it's arguable to point out that it's taking up space on a HD, the transaction costs $, etc, but ultimately that's less than $1 per sale in the long run.

I just believe that $50 is way too much.  I was eager for this mod when I saw it first announced.  But seeing it at $50, I'm no longer eager to try to get it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You forget that you are not just paying for a piece of code, but for support and installation - consider that it might take an hour for an IPB tech head to install - well $50 is peanuts really.

Posted

I to think that the Invision Community Blog is over priced, which means I will not be using nor paying for it. However, I fear that the high price will encourage piracy, I've already seen Invision Power Board 2.0.2 posted in about 4 warez forums and on a couple of peer to peer networks.

Posted

Not really sure myself, not decided, i will have a look and see how it goes, and if theres lots of votes & positive comments coming back from the product, then i'll think more into purchasing it.

However, i can't afford it right now. if anything, i'd purchase the TSL :)

Thanks
- Jamie :)

Posted

However, i can't afford it right now. if anything, i'd purchase the TSL :)

Thanks

- Jamie :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll be getting rid of TSL when I get the blog system... as the only links basically in my TSL are to.. BLOGS!

Posted

not sure if i'll purchase it... i've set my personal limit to $40. however, it's still tempting

Posted

no not unless the price drops or unless some of the members at my forum donates some money.

Posted

i think it's so expensive.

1 month later, someone will code it for free in invisionize :P :P :P

Posted

already paid for it!!!I really did because of the hard work behind it..but I will ask for Invision power service to decrease the copyright removal's price... ;) ;)

Posted

Embarrassingly overpriced by a factor of 2 or 3 :( I really don't care what the cost of producing the script may have been... the price is outrageous for what it is and I won't be buying this add-on.

Posted

No, simply because theres other free alternatives available

Posted

any discount for lifetime members?