Photo
- - - - -

liveperson.net

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Digi

Digi

Moderhatin' Lolerator

• +Clients
  • 7,474 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

90% of the time when the site (specifically this forum) is slow, it is related to something calling "server.iad.liveperson.net". I think that this dates back to when you guys have that live chat system on the site and perhaps it is code that should be removed. Is this not the case? Either way, that system is ruining the quality service of the forums...

"Rarity by itself shouldn't necessarily be evidence of anything. When one is dealt a bridge hand of thirteen cards, the probability of being dealt that particular hand is less than one in 600 billion [1 in 6 x 1011]. Still, it would be absurd for someone to be dealt a hand, examine it carefully, calculate that the probability of getting it is less than one in 600 billion, and then conclude that he must not have been [randomly] dealt that very hand because it is so very improbable." -John Allen Paulos, Innumeracy: Mathematical Illiteracy and Its Consequences

#2 RuneScapez

RuneScapez

IPB Full Member

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:16 PM

Agreed, it is slowing these forums down a lot. :/

Posted Image

#3 Brandon D

Brandon D

Browser crash... go boom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:17 PM

A modified hosts file goes a long way =D

#4 Kyanar

Kyanar

Let's say my yearly license expired in...

• +Clients
  • 5,189 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:05 AM

You'll likely find it isn't LivePerson slowing it down, but Google Analytics, which is officially the single largest plague on websites in the world.
Mat / Fusion Digital Entertainment Limited
Our Website: http://www.fusiondigital.co.nz/
Our Forums: http://community.fusiondigital.co.nz/

Chronicle, the desktop time tracker for Windows • Fusion Menu, the leading navigation enhancement application for IP.Board • CommunityContact, the in development community newsletter application

#5 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,676 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:25 AM

I *believe* we provide live-chat services at times (when we do it pops up on the website), and the liveperson.net JS is included on all pages for tracking purposes.

I'm not sure if we still do or not. I don't really provide tier-1 or sales support. :P

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

#6 Davy

Davy

Needs Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,668 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:01 PM

I've never seen it on here in all my years :P

#7 Brandon D

Brandon D

Browser crash... go boom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:09 AM

Got hit with this tonight. I clicked on "My Tickets" over a minute ago and it's still stuck on "Transferring data from server.iad.liveperson.net"

#8 .Ryan

.Ryan

Needs Serious Help

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:54 AM

Got hit with this tonight. I clicked on "My Tickets" over a minute ago and it's still stuck on "Transferring data from server.iad.liveperson.net"

Normally I don't have a problem, but if the access point is far away it takes forever to load, I saw dump it. Half the time nobody is even logged into it so I don't see why its critical to have it all over the place if you only have it running a few times.

#9 Charles

Charles

Needs Life

• IPS Management
  • 9,043 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:11 AM

I'm sorry if the liveperson.net live chat code was causing issues. We like to provide live chat services but if it's causing problems just loading the web pages that does not do anyone good. All the liveperson.net code should now be removed.

Charles Warner
Invision Power Services, Inc. - President
charles.warner@invisionpower.com

Please do not PM me but feel free to contact me by email.

#10 Digi

Digi

Moderhatin' Lolerator

• +Clients
  • 7,474 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:50 AM

Awesome. I'll keep an eye out to see if performance improves any :)

"Rarity by itself shouldn't necessarily be evidence of anything. When one is dealt a bridge hand of thirteen cards, the probability of being dealt that particular hand is less than one in 600 billion [1 in 6 x 1011]. Still, it would be absurd for someone to be dealt a hand, examine it carefully, calculate that the probability of getting it is less than one in 600 billion, and then conclude that he must not have been [randomly] dealt that very hand because it is so very improbable." -John Allen Paulos, Innumeracy: Mathematical Illiteracy and Its Consequences

#11 kangaris

kangaris

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:27 AM

thx

#12 Digi

Digi

Moderhatin' Lolerator

• +Clients
  • 7,474 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:05 PM

I'm happy to say that I haven't seen the site slow down one time since you've made this change. ;)

#13 Brandon D

Brandon D

Browser crash... go boom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:28 AM

It seems as their client area is having issues at the moment now, though. I got to the login screen fine but now it times out while trying to load the client area.

#14 .Ryan

.Ryan

Needs Serious Help

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:36 AM

I'm happy to say that I haven't seen the site slow down one time since you've made this change. ;)

Yeah, at my school when our bandwidth pipe got boggled down, the site would trickle in parts haha. :P