9 replies to this topic

#1 THshadow

THshadow

IPB Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:07 PM

Ive recently needed a mod (have a request on the forums now) to be able to import images from an RSS feed into a certain album in the gallery, maybe this already exists but im not seeing it but i dont believe it does.

Anyway, just an idea.

#2 ikillbill

ikillbill

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

this havs been talked about 3 years....but...

#3 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,558 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:33 AM

Personally, while I support exporting via RSS - why import someone else's images to your gallery via RSS? I can see niche circumstances, but not sure if it's really worth investing the time to do that with some many other cool features possible.

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

#4 ikillbill

ikillbill

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:22 AM

many portal site RSS images over frontpage

Mebers like their images howing on frontpage too, they use gallery and want photos to be seens

to do this, we need RSS very much

#5 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,558 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:39 AM

many portal site RSS images over frontpage

Mebers like their images howing on frontpage too, they use gallery and want photos to be seens

to do this, we need RSS very much

To do this you need RSS EXPORT, not import. That's what I was saying in my last reply.

Brandon Farber

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

#6 ikillbill

ikillbill

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:31 PM

thanks again!
does this mean it will be added?

#7 sefo

sefo

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

and that was on 2008 !

#8 dlg

dlg

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

Personally, while I support exporting via RSS - why import someone else's images to your gallery via RSS? I can see niche circumstances, but not sure if it's really worth investing the time to do that with some many other cool features possible.

Eventually we need to start thinking on useful features for our community.

I'm thinking mobile people who's using all kind of apps to upload pictures from their mobiles, so lets think someone uploads a pic from their mobile to a 3rd party site (which give you access to a mobile app to do so) and then you can import those pics to your a private album in your gallery to a specific usergroup.

This way you can take advance of 3rd party pictures websites and mobile apps while trying to create a more social oriented community creating private social groups with your IPBoard/IPGallery.

I hope this can be done soon, we really need to get into more social stuff in order to make our communities grow to this days people requirements.

Jesus

PS
We can help those user groups to configure everything while using our borads in order to create more traffic. This might sounds good because actually they can talk with some people and not just being a support ticket with bigger companies.

#9 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,558 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:16 AM

Eventually we need to start thinking on useful features for our community.

I'm thinking mobile people who's using all kind of apps to upload pictures from their mobiles, so lets think someone uploads a pic from their mobile to a 3rd party site (which give you access to a mobile app to do so) and then you can import those pics to your a private album in your gallery to a specific usergroup.

This way you can take advance of 3rd party pictures websites and mobile apps while trying to create a more social oriented community creating private social groups with your IPBoard/IPGallery.

I hope this can be done soon, we really need to get into more social stuff in order to make our communities grow to this days people requirements.

Jesus

PS
We can help those user groups to configure everything while using our borads in order to create more traffic. This might sounds good because actually they can talk with some people and not just being a support ticket with bigger companies.

Couldn't we just build in support to upload images directly to Gallery from a mobile phone?

Brandon Farber

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

#10 dlg

dlg

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

Couldn't we just build in support to upload images directly to Gallery from a mobile phone?

Of course this will be more useful :) and I'll love (as I think many will do) love this feature. How long until we have this feature ready?

On my post/idea I was thinking on something easier and quicker while trying to implement mobile support on the short time.

Thanks for your answer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users