Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CCS and Forums must be in different folders?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

has CCS an index file? So we must install the CCS and Forum on different folders as like CCS to root and Forum to /forum ?

Because CCS must be on main page as a real portal system...

Posted

[quote name='TurXaliM' date='11 August 2009 - 03:38 AM' timestamp='1249976320' post='1841711']
has CCS an index file? So we must install the CCS and Forum on different folders as like CCS to root and Forum to /forum ?

Because CCS must be on main page as a real portal system...
[/quote]

If you take a look at the bottom of this post: http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/290077-community-content-system-vs-others/page__view__findpost__p__1840231 you will see that it *can* be placed at your site directory root (/) if that is what you wish. I would assume you *could* also put it at /forum/ but why not put it at your site directory root folder?

Posted

CCS can be accessed via a separate location if you like, or via a "Pages" tab in IPB, or you could even just change the default application via initdata.php to CCS.

Posted

How about in this situation?

My IPB forum directory is the root directory, which means it's not in a sub directory. I wonder is it safe to install the CCS in the root directory as same as the board? What's the structure of CCS?

Thanks.

Posted

CCS can be accessed in the Pages tab in IPB [b]or[/b] you can upload a separate "index.php" to access CCS outside of your forums directory. You just do some configuration.

Posted

[quote name='ysun' date='11 August 2009 - 07:33 AM' timestamp='1249990429' post='1841747']

My IPB forum directory is the root directory, which means it's not in a sub directory. I wonder is it safe to install the CCS in the root directory as same as the board? What's the structure of CCS?

Thanks.
[/quote]

In addition to what Charles said, you can rename the index.php (e.g. to main.php or home.php, or something like that). You could then take it a step further and use an Apache .htaccess file to set that main.php or home.php file as the directory index file, so that "http://site.com" loads up main.php instead of your forum's index.php.

Posted

[quote name='ysun' date='11 August 2009 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1249990429' post='1841747']

Thanks.
[/quote]That is the question i was want ask, thanks!

[quote name='bfarber' date='11 August 2009 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1249995191' post='1841780']
In addition to what Charles said, you can rename the index.php (e.g. to main.php or home.php, or something like that). You could then take it a step further and use an Apache .htaccess file to set that main.php or home.php file as the directory index file, so that "http://site.com" loads up main.php instead of your forum's index.php.
[/quote]Thanks bfarber, so we will install it into root folder with same forum folders/files.

Posted

[quote name='bfarber' date='11 August 2009 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1249995191' post='1841780']
[/quote]
in htaccess, i will put which codes?
[code]DirectoryIndex home.php index.php index.html[/code]
etc... is that for example?

Posted

There is a readme.txt file there which explains everything throughout.

Posted

[quote name='TurXaliM' date='11 August 2009 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1250011769' post='1842030']
in htaccess, i will put which codes?
[code]DirectoryIndex home.php index.php index.html[/code]
etc... is that for example?
[/quote]

Yes

• Who's Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.