Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Print functionality for Blogs?

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I was hoping that the promised-at-some-point re-implementation of the printable-view function for blog postings would have been included by now.

In the old 2.x version (before the generational upgrade), there was a GREAT (even if incomplete) print function that allowed for a professionally-formatted print format for blog entries. This is important for those of you who, like me, intend to use the blogs for quasi-professional purposes and would like to be able to print out entries in a half-decent format for use.

For some reason, that functionality has gone from the new blogs - and unfortunately, browser print options are simply unacceptable (try it - you'll see what I mean, especially if you use emoticons at all! :no:

So I insisting - in the nicest possible way, mind you - that this functionality be re-implemented! :D Can I get a "Yay print-function" from other users?

Mark H. likes this

Posted

Ok....maybe this is a bump, but I was also wondering if anyone at Invision Staff has read (or reads these things) and if something like this is planned for the next release? I have selfish interests (I have an incident blog that I now have to print out for court :o ), but I also think that the ability to print out professionally-formatted blog entries serves all of us who intend to use the blogs for more formal functions (i.e. for undergraduate/graduate courses).

[quote name='liquidfractal' date='06 September 2009 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1252271411' post='1853347']
I was hoping that the promised-at-some-point re-implementation of the printable-view function for blog postings would have been included by now.

In the old 2.x version (before the generational upgrade), there was a GREAT (even if incomplete) print function that allowed for a professionally-formatted print format for blog entries. This is important for those of you who, like me, intend to use the blogs for quasi-professional purposes and would like to be able to print out entries in a half-decent format for use.

For some reason, that functionality has gone from the new blogs - and unfortunately, browser print options are simply unacceptable (try it - you'll see what I mean, especially if you use emoticons at all! :no:

So I insisting - in the nicest possible way, mind you - that this functionality be re-implemented! :D Can I get a "Yay print-function" from other users?

Posted

Definitely a +1 on this.

Posted

I read every suggestion, I just don't reply to them all (or even most of them).

• Who's Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.