• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 liquidfractal

liquidfractal

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:10 PM

I was hoping that the promised-at-some-point re-implementation of the printable-view function for blog postings would have been included by now.

In the old 2.x version (before the generational upgrade), there was a GREAT (even if incomplete) print function that allowed for a professionally-formatted print format for blog entries. This is important for those of you who, like me, intend to use the blogs for quasi-professional purposes and would like to be able to print out entries in a half-decent format for use.

For some reason, that functionality has gone from the new blogs - and unfortunately, browser print options are simply unacceptable (try it - you'll see what I mean, especially if you use emoticons at all! :no:

So I insisting - in the nicest possible way, mind you - that this functionality be re-implemented! :D Can I get a "Yay print-function" from other users?
  • Mark H. likes this

#2 liquidfractal

liquidfractal

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:29 AM

Ok....maybe this is a bump, but I was also wondering if anyone at Invision Staff has read (or reads these things) and if something like this is planned for the next release? I have selfish interests (I have an incident blog that I now have to print out for court :o ), but I also think that the ability to print out professionally-formatted blog entries serves all of us who intend to use the blogs for more formal functions (i.e. for undergraduate/graduate courses).

I was hoping that the promised-at-some-point re-implementation of the printable-view function for blog postings would have been included by now.

In the old 2.x version (before the generational upgrade), there was a GREAT (even if incomplete) print function that allowed for a professionally-formatted print format for blog entries. This is important for those of you who, like me, intend to use the blogs for quasi-professional purposes and would like to be able to print out entries in a half-decent format for use.

For some reason, that functionality has gone from the new blogs - and unfortunately, browser print options are simply unacceptable (try it - you'll see what I mean, especially if you use emoticons at all! :no:

So I insisting - in the nicest possible way, mind you - that this functionality be re-implemented! :D Can I get a "Yay print-function" from other users?

#3 Mark H.

Mark H.

Designated Abusee

• +Clients
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:47 PM

Definitely a +1 on this.

Program: n. A magic spell cast upon a computer, which turns user input into error messages. v. A task similar to beating one's head against a wall, but with fewer rewards and less personal satisfaction.

#4 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,644 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:11 AM

I read every suggestion, I just don't reply to them all (or even most of them).

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users