9 replies to this topic

#1 Perfect Chaos

Perfect Chaos

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:03 PM

Now then, I have been searching for a way to cancel my order, and havn't found one.

Either I am a pathetically blindsighted fool, or there is in fact no way to cancel an order/package and will end up being incredibly pissed off.

So, then. Which is it going to be? Am I able to cancel? If so, for the love of (Insert divinity here) tell me how the hell to do so.

Edit: Yes, I realise this is in the wrong Forum.
  • Ryan H., Peter F., Collin1000 and 3 others like this

#2 Bobbins

Bobbins

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

Nice attitude.

At the top, where it says Support, there is a drop down menu that says FAQ. On there you will find the following.

Can I get a refund?

For hosting accounts, yes. You may cancel at any time, and if you pre-paid for a year, we will refund your unused months.

For purchases for downloadable products, such as software, we do not provide any refunds after the software has been downloaded. To ensure a product is right for you before purchasing, please try our demo, or contact us with any questions you may have.

But as far as I'm aware they don't work weekends, so you'll have to wait until Monday.
  • Wolfie and STEWIE like this
In the fear and alarm. You did not desert me. My brothers in arms.

#3 Collin1000

Collin1000

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

I would contact them ASAP if I were you. sales@invisionpower.com or 1-800-901-5491

#4 Ryan H.

Ryan H.

Watch how I soar.

• +Clients
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

Contact sales.

sales@invisionpower.com

Ryan Hoerr / "No1 1000"

IP.Board 3.4 Resources bullet_star.pngbullet_star.pngbullet_star.pngbullet_star.pngbullet_star.png

App Advanced Tags & Prefixes

App Easy Pages

Skin Graphite

Skin Thoreau

#5 Gabriel Petrelli

Gabriel Petrelli

Needs Serious Help

• +Clients
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:38 PM

You would probably need to contact the billing department of IPS. Seems kind of strange you would place an order only to cancel it, something that should have been well thought out beforehand. I never place an order anywhere unless I'm absolutely sure I want to follow through with it as it just creates more work to cancel my order and receive a refund.

:Edit: Sales department also works, one in the same. As mentioned you will likely need to wait until Monday since the support/billing/sales department doesn't work on weekends.

You may be in luck if you haven't paid the invoice yet, but if you have already paid the invoice, it is clearly stated in the faq that refunds will not be issued for software product downloads. The only way to receive a refund is if you haven't paid the invoice yet or if you are hosted through the IPS hosting service.
  • Collin1000 likes this
Posted Image

#6 .Ian

.Ian

Needs Life

• +Clients
  • 6,933 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

Why do you want to cancel?

Add Comet Chat to your community :smile:     SmartDNS / Global VPN optionsworks with Windows, OSX, iPhone, Android, iPad, AppleTV, Wii, PS3, XBOX360 and more

Non League UK

Play safe and purchase IP.Board from IPS! - click here to buy

Converting from Vbulletin, phpBB or another forum to IPB? Click here for the conversion service - it might be free!

IPS Hosting - click here for the prices & specifications. Some packages include a free version of IP.Board!

#7 Wolfie

Wolfie

Don't get mad, get N*Raged!

• +Clients
  • 12,497 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:44 PM

Either I am a pathetically blindsighted fool, or there is in fact no way to cancel an order/package and will end up being incredibly pissed off.

So, then. Which is it going to be? Am I able to cancel? If so, for the love of (Insert divinity here) tell me how the hell to do so.

For purchases for downloadable products, such as software, we do not provide any refunds after the software has been downloaded. To ensure a product is right for you before purchasing, please try our demo, or contact us with any questions you may have.

But as far as I'm aware they don't work weekends, so you'll have to wait until Monday.

As seax quoted, there is a refund policy. I bolded the part you need to be highly aware of. If you are on a hosting plan that you just paid for, you should be good to go. But if you purchased a downloadable product and you have already downloaded it, then you've made the purchase final and there's nothing more you can do except just accept your product and use it or try to sell it to someone else.

To everyone else, lay off the neg reps, at the very least in this forum. It sets a bad tone for others who might be interested in buying IPB.
  • Fishfish0001 likes this

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ Click here to browse or purchase IPS software. ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
n-raged.com
- Dacity.Com

♪ Me and you ♪
♪ a two-man crew ♪
♪ side by side we're unified ♪
♪ and we will never be divided ♪

Spoiler

CLICK HERE AND VOTE IP.BOARD AS BEST FORUM SOFTWARE FOR 2013!!!

#8 Panupat

Panupat

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:09 PM

Maybe they have a way to check if you have downloaded?

#9 Discorev

Discorev

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

Maybe they have a way to check if you have downloaded?

They will / can check if you have downloaded, and how many times you've downloaded... a simple download ticker is common place on any form of commercial download link!
Regards,
Ollie

I have already imemented multi uploads

#10 Mark

Mark

I dropped the "iggy"

• IPS Staff
  • 8,377 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:17 PM

Perfect Chaos,

There's not much we can do for you here. You said yourself you realise this in the wrong place ;)

I tried looking up your account but it seems either you've already got it sorted, or you're using a different Email for the client area and here.

If you have not already paid, simply don't pay.
If you have paid, then you will need to contact the billing department, as it depends on how far down the process you got.

To everyone else, remember; if you're not sure on something, probably best not to post ;) Refunds, etc are questions which should always be directed to the billing staff.
  • Invisiοnist likes this

Mark Wade
Developer

zce-php5-3-logo.gif php5-zce-logo-new.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users