• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Neuro

Neuro

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:46 PM

I'm not sure of how easy this would be to implement, but it took me an inordinate amount of time to realize that the "version" control is actually only available to see and tweak within lots of small menus within the admin ACP. For example, you have to go to ACP > IP.Content > Databases > Records, and then view the versions on the particular record that way. I have hundreds of records and with so many users changing them it's quite difficult to keep track as to what's changing.

Is it therefore possible to implement this on the front end, so for example: when you view a record listing, admins and mods can already see there has been amendments to the records (perhaps a discreet flag in the listing template next to the ones what have more than one version?), and then if you go on and edit that record, the different versions are listed (much like IP.Downloads) and admins & mods can compare the differences when you click on one, and you could decide which one to modify, delete, etc.

I've not explained that very well. I guess I was used to versions being so visible in IP.Downloads I assumed it would be the same here.

Does anyone know what I mean? :)

#2 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,617 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:59 AM

This is something I definitely think will be implemented in a future version. Unfortunately you won't see it with 2.0, but better revisions functionality is definitely something I would like to improve upon.

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

#3 Neuro

Neuro

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

Awesome, this will be so useful when improved on; I'm really pleased it's in the pipeline for consideration. Cheers Brandon - a pint of beer is on its way to you :)

#4 Neuro

Neuro

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

One year on but just re-sparking this topic for Brandon's eye again. :)

Any realistic chance this could be "pencilled" in for a future release soon or is this a big job?

#5 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,617 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

This is something I want to do, I just can't guarantee when we will be able to do it.

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users