Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Suggestion, multiple 'shops'

24 posts in this topic

Posted

I know SOMEONE is going to bring this up at some point, so I'll just break the ice on it.

Multiple shops? I know it won't make it into v1.0.x because it would probably require some reworking but I have a couple of ideas for it.

* Determine which groups may apply/purchase a shop (application could require admin approval or could be instant)
* Purchase price can be free, one time payment or monthly payment
* No commission or commission based on number of purchase or amount of purchases, with minimum required and maximum charged
* Like IP.Content, be able to place an index.php file elsewhere and have it fully functional from there. This would allow for shops.domain.com to be used.

A whole slew of other features already in mind, but this is just to get the topic/idea rolling.

Posted

That is a great idea, Wolfie! :D

Posted

If this did happen, then this is a good case for multiple currencies - if we shared a site with multiple shops I would not want mine in the same currency as yours ;)

Posted

Allowing users to create their own shops as well as sell their wares through a site-wide common shop would make it quite easy to build a site similar to Etsy

Posted

[quote name='Wolfie' date='10 May 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1273498263' post='1950573']
I know SOMEONE is going to bring this up at some point, so I'll just break the ice on it.

Already did whistle.png

Posted

[quote name='Ω Ω Ω' date='10 May 2010 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1273507657' post='1950766']
Already did whistle.png

After I made this topic you mean. :D

Posted

[quote name='erc' date='10 May 2010 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1273504337' post='1950678']
Allowing users to create their own shops as well as sell their wares through a site-wide common shop would make it quite easy to build a site similar to Etsy

Yes, this would be a HUGE deal for me as my members are always selling items on my forum (I have a very active Marketplace section). If members could create their own shops that would be amazing, especially if I could get a small cut of the sales. :D

..Al

4joys and Abomination like this

Posted

So uhm, what's the difference between shops and the current listing of items? Aren't member able to sell files via the IP.D right now as it is? What's the difference between that and member shops? Just wondering..

Posted

IDM does not support selling items. Only here on the IPS Company Forums IDM is supported. But with IP.Commerce, it is now possible with an actual Payment system integrated with it.

Posted

[quote name='Tanax' date='10 May 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1273529503' post='1951035']
So uhm, what's the difference between shops and the current listing of items? Aren't member able to sell files via the IP.D right now as it is? What's the difference between that and member shops? Just wondering..

Posted

[quote name='Wolfie' date='10 May 2010 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1273507999' post='1950773']
After I made this topic you mean. :D

I didn't look at your topic before making my post, but theoretically, you win. :D

Posted

[quote name='Ω Ω Ω' date='10 May 2010 - 07:45 PM' timestamp='1273535156' post='1951117']
I didn't look at your topic before making my post, but theoretically, you win. :D

:lol: Okay, now let's hose out the testosterone and keep on with the good times.

Posted

[quote name='Wolfie' date='11 May 2010 - 12:48 AM' timestamp='1273531739' post='1951076']
The 'paid listings', when you click to download, will take you to the authors site to make the purchase I believe.

Alright, so that's basically like the "Classifieds" as someone else posted a seperate topic for?

Posted

[quote name='Tanax' date='11 May 2010 - 05:35 AM' timestamp='1273570554' post='1951264']
Alright, so that's basically like the "Classifieds" as someone else posted a seperate topic for?

I haven't read that topic yet, however when I think of classifieds, I think of it being just about anything, not just downloads.

Posted

Yes, I support letting members to set up their shop based on subscription.
Meaning a members pays a subscription to my board and they can open up their own shop to sell their stuff on my board. :)

Posted

Just thought of it, but Calypso's mod allows the shop owner to have a disclaimer or terms of service that must be agreed to before viewing that shop. I think it would be beneficial for the admin to be able to have such an agreement for members to agree to, where they won't hold the site owner responsible at all for any 'deals gone bad', etc, as well as the shop owner agreeing that they will make use of and agree to 3rd party resolution services for any problems that do happen to come up. As in "shop keepers: Don't screw the members over. Members: Don't blame me if they screw you over."

For a future feature (maybe not the initial release of multiple-shops), allow the admin to hold the funds until the member confirms receipt of the product/service, the seller can demonstrate proof of delivery or a certain time frame has lapsed. So that the seller can't grab the money and disappear.

Posted

This would be an awesome feature and I would definately use it and would love to see it on 1.0, as we were going to build our own custom app for this, but would be awesome if you IPB guys could do it, as it would easily hook into all the other features you have planned.

This is the post I made in the "other topic" - http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/310438-marketlace-option/page__view__findpost__p__1952122

Steve :)

Posted

[quote name='poomv2' date='13 May 2010 - 07:45 AM' timestamp='1273751133' post='1952446']
This would be an awesome feature and I would definately use it and would love to see it on 1.0, as we were going to build our own custom app for this, but would be awesome if you IPB guys could do it, as it would easily hook into all the other features you have planned.

Posted

[quote name='Wolfie' date='13 May 2010 - 01:08 PM' timestamp='1273752538' post='1952457']
As involved as adding the feature may be, I wouldn't recommend holding your breath in hopes of it being in the v1.0.x series. Not saying it won't happen, just that it's not too likely.

Well if it's not I will have to get my developer to create an app for this, as we need to go live with this feature this year at the latest. As this is a big money spinner for the club, as we have over 30 traders, so to charge a nice monthly fee of say £30 a month would be very beneficial to the club :)

I definately dont think IPB should rule this feature out though, as I think ALOT of people would be able to use it! :cool:

Posted

[quote name='poomv2' date='13 May 2010 - 08:18 AM' timestamp='1273753103' post='1952458']
Well if it's not I will have to get my developer to create an app for this,

If it's designed like the other apps, it may be possible to create an add-on module that would enable the functionality.

Posted

What if we could split the payment so that the website owner automatically gets some % of the sale? Some of the payment methods might support a feature like that.

Posted

I haven't read all topics / posts regarding the suggestions but here are some thoughts:

To understand my needs, i'm going to tell you shortly what it's about. I am advertising my motorcycle dealers services on my forum. If i would need a "Commerce" section, that would be to help them sell their poducts.

To make it short, my ideea is that they should give me some xls tabels containing the following columns: category, subcategory, eventually subcategory 2, products, prices, description, characteristics ( ex: sizes, colours, shapes), links to images on their site. In this way they structure all the products they want to sell; i import the products and they appear on the online store.

Then, i should choose some settings for the possible clients. As there are different dealers for different products, the client can finally choose wether to pay me to process their order of multiple products, or to interact directly with the dealer. For the last option, of course, the order will remain in my administration and i will charge the dealer a separate commision for bringing a client/possible client.

Looking forward for your development. Although i already paid over 2000 eu for this modification in my site, i am still waiting for something from you guys ;)

Posted

When I first saw the topic, I thought great, exactly what I want. As i read, you guys all have really complex applications for it. i just want to be able to have different versions of the store for different locations. Some products are not offered in certain locations and some prices differ between countries as well. We set those statically so there's no need for dynamic currency feed based conversions or customers posting their own goods for sale, just plain easy multiple installations of the store where we can set currency and viewable products!

Otherwise, I'm a bit sad I chose to go with IP.Nexus so blindly.

Posted

I am pleased with IPS's implementation of paid downloads. I actually like this better than having another new section of the site for member stores.