• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Interferon

Interferon

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 524 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:01 PM

What if we could split the payment so that the website owner automatically gets some % of the sale? Some of the payment methods might support a feature like that.

#22 Noni

Noni

IPB Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:30 PM

I haven't read all topics / posts regarding the suggestions but here are some thoughts:

To understand my needs, i'm going to tell you shortly what it's about. I am advertising my motorcycle dealers services on my forum. If i would need a "Commerce" section, that would be to help them sell their poducts.

To make it short, my ideea is that they should give me some xls tabels containing the following columns: category, subcategory, eventually subcategory 2, products, prices, description, characteristics ( ex: sizes, colours, shapes), links to images on their site. In this way they structure all the products they want to sell; i import the products and they appear on the online store.

Then, i should choose some settings for the possible clients. As there are different dealers for different products, the client can finally choose wether to pay me to process their order of multiple products, or to interact directly with the dealer. For the last option, of course, the order will remain in my administration and i will charge the dealer a separate commision for bringing a client/possible client.

Looking forward for your development. Although i already paid over 2000 eu for this modification in my site, i am still waiting for something from you guys ;)

#23 Tyler Y

Tyler Y

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:12 AM

When I first saw the topic, I thought great, exactly what I want. As i read, you guys all have really complex applications for it. i just want to be able to have different versions of the store for different locations. Some products are not offered in certain locations and some prices differ between countries as well. We set those statically so there's no need for dynamic currency feed based conversions or customers posting their own goods for sale, just plain easy multiple installations of the store where we can set currency and viewable products!

Otherwise, I'm a bit sad I chose to go with IP.Nexus so blindly.

#24 Interferon

Interferon

Spam Happy

• +Clients
  • 524 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

I am pleased with IPS's implementation of paid downloads. I actually like this better than having another new section of the site for member stores.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users