Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Auctions

25 posts in this topic

Posted

One thing that I'd really like to see would be auctions. Users can list items, set reserve prices, buy it now prices, etc. And we as the admin can set listing fees so we make some money when people list or sell items through our site.

I'm pretty sure this won't be in 1.0 but I'd really like to see this at some point.

Llesz, ørret, Claudia999 and 4 others like this

Posted

+1 on this..

Posted

would be nice :)

Posted

Agreed!

Anthony. likes this

Posted

It's my understanding that all "transactions" would go to the admin. I don't think "members" can "sell" items themselves, right? Unless I've misunderstood something?

Posted

[quote name='Luke' date='11 May 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1273531318' post='1951069']
It's my understanding that all "transactions" would go to the admin. I don't think "members" can "sell" items themselves, right? Unless I've misunderstood something?

Members certainly can list items themselves. Otherwise it'd be a total baller xD
With this you can set up a marketplace and let everything be handled automatically by IP.Com :D

Posted

[quote name='Tanax' date='10 May 2010 - 03:59 PM' timestamp='1273532385' post='1951084']
Members certainly can list items themselves. Otherwise it'd be a total baller xD
With this you can set up a marketplace and let everything be handled automatically by IP.Com :D

Are you sure? I re-read the blog posting and I don't see any mention of members being able to list and sell items themselves. From what I understand it replaces IP.Subscriptions and allows you to sell your own items. The only similar mention I found was being able to give members credits to buy things with.

Posted

[quote name='Luke' date='10 May 2010 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1273531318' post='1951069']

It could be "sort of" simulated if the members were promoted to different groups depending on what they were selling. Someone selling a car could pay $100 to post ads for a day in a cars for sale forum, or they could pay $5 to post car accessories for sale forum for a day. Of course it would be better if it was per ad as opposed to per time period.

At least that way the $ would flow to the owner/admin directly from the seller, and the $ for the item would not flow through the owner/admin, yet there would be some sort of value compensation based on price of item being sold.

Posted

That's different though. You would pay the admin money to post a topic in a "listing form". Members wouldn't be directly selling goods on your website like eBay, from what I understand.

Posted

[quote name='Luke' date='10 May 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1273531318' post='1951069']

From what I've read that's correct, IP.Commerce 1.0 will just support items that the admin lists. That's why I'm suggesting a way to allow members to list items for sale and auction in a later version.

mikesound and Anthony. like this

Posted

[quote name='Kotonoha' date='10 May 2010 - 06:50 PM' timestamp='1273542609' post='1951145']
From what I've read that's correct, IP.Commerce 1.0 will just support items that the admin lists. That's why I'm suggesting a way to allow members to list items for sale and auction in a later version.

I think some people assume it does this already, which isn't the case.

At any rate, this is something that is far beyond what IP.Commerce is intended to do, in my opinion.. Unless the money went to the admin directly and they would have to send the money to the member somehow... But in that case, I think someone should just make their own auction mod.

Posted

[quote name='Luke' date='11 May 2010 - 02:55 AM' timestamp='1273542926' post='1951147']
At any rate, this is something that is far beyond what IP.Commerce is intended to do, in my opinion.. Unless the money went to the admin directly and they would have to send the money to the member somehow... But in that case, I think someone should just make their own auction mod.

You could have said that IP.Content was just intended to be a page management system at first, but I don't think that anyone would say that now.

If you ask me there's enough demand for a way to let members sell items rather than restricting it to just the admin that the only real question here is when and not if IP.Commerce will allow you to let members list items for sale/auction.

Posted

Members cannot presently list items themselves other than with the IP.Downloads integration (and there'll be a blog entry soon explaining how the cash flow works there).

Nick² likes this

Posted

+1 for auctions and the site getting a perentage of sales.
Percentage of sales based on group and certain group exempt.

Posted

I really need an auction package

Posted

+1, this is a must

Posted

+ 6 (I have 6 forums) THIS IS A MUST INCLUDE FEATURE TO BE PRIORITISED BY PROGRAMMING TEAM :)

boon79 likes this

Posted

I had in plan to purchase IP.Nexus until I saw this topic.
I didn't Know IP.Nexus doesn't support also the possibility that members can sell trough IP.Nexus and the Administrator takig a commission from their sellings.Few owners have the possibility to have an online store but to make money from commissions's sellings I think all can do that :D .
So, really it's a must have feature, until then I'll wait this feature in order to purchase.

Best regards!

Posted

[quote name='Dreamlander' timestamp='1280566773' post='1997343']
I had in plan to purchase IP.Nexus until I saw this topic.
I didn't Know IP.Nexus doesn't support also the possibility that members can sell trough IP.Nexus and the Administrator takig a commission from their sellings.Few owners have the possibility to have an online store but to make money from commissions's sellings I think all can do that :D .
So, really it's a must have feature, until then I'll wait this feature in order to purchase.

Best regards!

As far as am aware to allow members to 'list/post' their items you would need to have IP.Downloads installed as well as IP.Nexus

I haven't grasped yet how this all works but hopefully this will become clearer nearer final release of Nexus (or someone will post how this is achieved at some point)

Posted

[quote name='steve00' timestamp='1280650602' post='1997994']
As far as am aware to allow members to 'list/post' their items you would need to have IP.Downloads installed as well as IP.Nexus

I haven't grasped yet how this all works but hopefully this will become clearer nearer final release of Nexus (or someone will post how this is achieved at some point)

Although the IP.Downloads and IP.Nexus thing does sound like a fix... doesn't sound like a very good fix.

Posted

[quote name='steve00' timestamp='1280650602' post='1997994']

I know that Michael has achieved this - maybe he will share :)

Posted

[quote name='bobblebum' timestamp='1274230982' post='1955128']
+1 for auctions and the site getting a perentage of sales.
Percentage of sales based on group and certain group exempt.

yes yes and YES ... its all about monetizing our forums ...

the more money we make, the more money IPB makes :thumbsup:

Posted

+1

Posted

+1

Posted

Agreed, this would be a great idea :thumbsup: