• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 bfarber

bfarber

RBT-KS

• IPS Management
  • 28,676 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

The RSS feed is per-user (to respect permissions), but if you pull from a user with permission to all categories, that would probably work.

Brandon Farber
Development Manager / Senior Support

If it sounds like fun, it's not allowed on the bus!

php5_zce_logo_new.gif     

Invision Power Services, Inc.

#102 mojeda

mojeda

IPB Newbie

• +Clients
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

The only way I really see doing this is by creating an overall Moderator group and making it a moderator of each forum and then allowing only the ability to warn users, and then for the report center allowing that group to see reports.

This method doesn't really make them full mods but they can warn users in those forums...

Edit-

Don't forget to set the report center settings in the group settings.
  • Breadfan likes this

#103 Midnight Modding

Midnight Modding

Needs Hobby

• +Clients
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

I rarely really use features as an admin anymore, but when I do it's not even close to straightforward or convenient in most ofr them. AAnd I had thought maybe 3.3 will improve some things, but despite it being stated that 3.3 would be much quicker to complete than 3.2, we still have an alpha version on this site and an EOL for 3.1 about the samwe time of year they always do the EOLs, which means this must not be close.
If you want any custom apps or have ideas for some that may do well publicly, let me know.
Points App
Reviewing App
Betting App
Tournaments App

#104 Sefket

Sefket

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

there is a rss feed for all reports yes?

would it not be possible to import the rss reports feed in to a moderating forum so that all reports can be read ?
haven't tried it myself but the theory seems good

With that, I also would want it to be marked as "Resolved", "Under Review", etc. with images next to the thread so we know if its been resolved or what not.

I convert, install IPB Boards, and more! Check my shop here.
Three important things for your website

#105 Rimi

Rimi

Strip Me

• +Clients
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

With that, I also would want it to be marked as "Resolved", "Under Review", etc. with images next to the thread so we know if its been resolved or what not.

Hello.

Just use prefixes.

#106 Sefket

Sefket

Spam Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hello.

Just use prefixes.

Sorry for being a noob, but how do I do use that?

I convert, install IPB Boards, and more! Check my shop here.
Three important things for your website

#107 Ricw

Ricw

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 366 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

Please keep in mind there are dozens of features in IPB that are not in vb.

We are not, and never will be, a vb clone. We are not out to copy what another software has done. We have our own vision that is shaped by the community here based on feedback and suggestions, and this works well for us, allowing us to deliver what our customers want, rather than what another software package might have that our customers have no need for.

Just because something is in vb does not make it an automatic or good candidate for inclusion in IPB. Posted Image

Several months back, when I was comparing various Board type applications, to use along with the website I was building, I specifically compared IPS with VB and for my money there is no comparison, which is why I am hosting on IPS.

I will admit sometimes I get frustrated because certain features will not work the way I would like, or it is taking me to long to figure something out. However most of the time it is me, a newbie. I want to blame someone else but blame rarely helps. I little patients and I'll get through :tongue:
Rick
  • bfarber likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users