Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

IP.Board Version 2

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I really need to find IP.Board 2 to purchase. Theres a modification I want to use (IBProBattle) but it's not compatible with IP.Board 3.

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of IP.Board 2?

Posted

If you purchase IP.Board, you will automatically get the ability to download IPB 2.3.6. However, it is completely unsupported and EOL. It will not get feature upgrades, and I believe it will even stop receiving security updates in the near future.

Posted

Thanks for the fast response, Mat!

Will the price be the same as version 3?

Posted

Yes; as Mat said, the IP.Board license you purchase covers both versions.

Posted

[quote name='No1 1000' timestamp='1286067125' post='2025164']
Yes; as Mat said, the IP.Board license you purchase covers both versions.

Are you saying that I can get both versions for $149.99?

Posted

Yes both Mat and No1 are saying that.

Posted

Yes, purchase of an IP.Board license includes the download for 3.1 and an archival version of 2.3.6
However, as Mat warned, it is entirely unsupported and no longer maintained. This means you will not be able to get support or maintenance for it in any way.

Posted

Thanks everyone!

D377 likes this

Posted

Just to clarify one point - you get access to both versions (at this moment in time), however you may only run one installation at any given moment. That means you can download either or both versions, but can only run one live at a time.

Tom T and Maxxius like this

Posted

[quote name='bfarber' timestamp='1286201449' post='2025693']
Just to clarify one point - you get access to both versions (at this moment in time), however you may only run one installation at any given moment. That means you can download either or both versions, but can only run one live at a time.

Just to make sure...

If I purchase a license, I can download/ run 2.3.6 and have the ability to download/ upgrade version 3 at some later point?

Posted

[quote name='Nintendo-Daily' timestamp='1286201768' post='2025700']
Just to make sure...

If I purchase a license, I can download/ run 2.3.6 and have the ability to download/ upgrade version 3 at some later point?

Yes, you can use the upgrade script in 3.x to upgrade from 2.3.6 at a later date. However you skin and any modifications you make will be lost.

Posted

What is the modification that you want?

Posted

[quote name='Black-Elmo' timestamp='1286202834' post='2025722']
Yes, you can use the upgrade script in 3.x to upgrade from 2.3.6 at a later date.
Does it matter how long after, or is it a lifetime license?

[quote name='Black-Elmo' timestamp='1286202834' post='2025722']However you skin and any modifications you make will be lost.

I understand completely. Thanks! Most people don't realize that.

[quote name='Fishfish0001' timestamp='1286202914' post='2025723']
What is the modification that you want?

IBProBattle. If this modification worked with IP.Board 3, I wouldn't hesitate one bit.

Posted

The battle does not work with 3, nor does the army. Both of those rpg systems are why I am still running ipb 2.
I did see that an upgrade to the battle may be completed by a modder named Bronx but I think he is going to charge for it.

Posted

[quote name='Amy T' timestamp='1286210749' post='2025769']
The battle does not work with 3, nor does the army. Both of those rpg systems are why I am still running ipb 2.
I did see that an upgrade to the battle may be completed by a modder named Bronx but I think he is going to charge for it.

Thank you for the information, Amy T. I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from. The IBProBattle mod is awesome! If Bronx completes an upgrade for this modification that makes it compatible with IP.Board 3, I most definitely pay for it. Do you have a link or any contact information for Bronx?

Thanks again everyone!

Posted

http://www.ibprobattle.com that is his site.

Posted

I just sent Bronx a message inquiring about this :D

Posted

Cool let me know what you find out.

Posted

Will do. Thanks again!

Posted

Just incase that you need to know is that you need to keep on paying the renewal fees to gain access to download v3 or you can just download the new copy now and keep it that is for you to save money if you do not wish to pay the renewal fees IF you decide not to pay and 6 months later you wanted to use v3

Posted

Thank you, Ryan.

Posted

[quote name='Nintendo-Daily' timestamp='1286203371' post='2025726']
Does it matter how long after, or is it a lifetime license?

You are allowed to run the software indefinitely under the current license, however you will lose access to the client area if your license expires. You can either

1) Download both versions now, so you have both in case you decide to upgrade later
or
2) Keep your license active and/or pay the $25 renewal fee whenever you decide you are ready to upgrade your forum software

Posted

Thank you, bfarber.

I'm still awaiting a response from someone regarding the IBProBattle modification?

Hopefully I'll hear back from that person soon, as it will GREATLY expedite my decision.

Posted

ND, I have about half of the ACP side of ibProBattle done. And my coding partner is working on the public side. So there is a version for IPB3 coming. I cant give a definite timeline but we are working on it daily. You can PM with any questions about the mod if you'd like.

Posted

[quote name='Ryan11433' timestamp='1286228188' post='2025897']
Just incase that you need to know is that you need to keep on paying the renewal fees to gain access to download v3 or you can just download the new copy now and keep it that is for you to save money if you do not wish to pay the renewal fees IF you decide not to pay and 6 months later you wanted to use v3

Are you with Bronx?