55 replies to this topic

#21 Rοb

Rοb

TO LET

• +Clients
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:07 AM

Hello,

I'm also interested to know if/when this issue is going to be addressed.

One of my sites (IPB 2.1) is still using the old subscriptions software (auto-renewals) generating between 1k - 1.5k USD per month, which for obvious reasons I'm not prepared to tamper with unless I know I can keep the same set-up.

Look forward to hearing from you! :)
  • Circo likes this

New! Oasiz IRC Web Chat for IP.Board - Demo

#22 Circo

Circo

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:24 AM

I put a request in the modification section to see if someone could possibly make a hook that would disable the PayPal Pay Now button in specific listings, that would show only the subscription button and would fix the problem. So hopefully that may be a possibility for a quick fix to this. :thumbsup:

#23 VioAdmin

VioAdmin

IPB Member

• +Clients
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

This issue STILL hasn't been solved? I am in the same boat as you guys. I cannot upgrade to IP.Nexus until this very simple but obviously important issue has been fixed. I would rather let the DEV team officially put this in rather than 3rd Party who at any time can stop updating it.

...Sigh -_-'
  • Circo likes this

#24 Circo

Circo

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:10 AM

This issue STILL hasn't been solved? I am in the same boat as you guys. I cannot upgrade to IP.Nexus until this very simple but obviously important issue has been fixed. I would rather let the DEV team officially put this in rather than 3rd Party who at any time can stop updating it.

...Sigh -_-'

So far no luck on third part development anyway, I jumped in before checking so fingers crossed for soon. >_<

#25 Sat0ri

Sat0ri

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

+1 on the SUBSCRIPTION ONLY option...

We didn't realize about the "two choices" function in IP.Nexus until too late (since it's not documented anywhere), and upgraded from IP.Subscriptions thinking that Nexus would provide everything we had before (this is how it was advertised).

To date, just in the past month, we're already looking at a significant loss in recurring revenue thanks to this oversight.

ASAP, please, we need the option to specify "subscription only" for products.

I'm a little miffed, as this is frankly a no-brainer and should be have been considered with the first release, or at least in the first update.

Don't wait too long, this is a biggie... IPB RULES, don't fail us now. ;)
  • Rοb, Circo, Pfeiffer and 1 other like this
Cheers,

John

#26 chilihead

chilihead

Needs Serious Help

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:25 PM

In other topics Mark said it will most likely be coming. Mark, I would just like to know if this is a sure thing, and if there is a version number? Thank you.
  • Circo likes this

#27 Sat0ri

Sat0ri

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:38 PM

In the meantime, has anyone figured out how to comment out or otherwise hide the one-time option?

I'd love to make it disappear now (we're losing long term revenue every day), at least until the update comes.
  • chilihead likes this
Cheers,

John

#28 Sat0ri

Sat0ri

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 353 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:06 AM

Brilliant, now all my subscribers are sending in manual payments because they're getting renewal notices and no sign that they're already subscribed via PayPal (from before).

What happened to my stuff from IP.Subscriptions post-upgrade? Didn't have this problem before.

*grumble*

This is going south, really fast. :(
  • Circo likes this
Cheers,

John

#29 Circo

Circo

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

Brilliant, now all my subscribers are sending in manual payments because they're getting renewal notices and no sign that they're already subscribed via PayPal (from before).

What happened to my stuff from IP.Subscriptions post-upgrade? Didn't have this problem before.

*grumble*

This is going south, really fast. :(

I have all the same issues and have brought it up quite a few times. For the record Mark has said this may be fixed in the future but as yet there is no timeline and I am unsure if there is any urgency towards fixing this issue for those of us that upgraded from IP subscriptions. Maybe if enough people bring it up there will be an eventual solution. And yes it's a crazy expensive problem. I had to raise prices to make up for the lost revenue and the site is still sinking financially but it's too late to switch to another system since there is no downgrade path back to IP. subscriptions.
  • Rοb and Sat0ri like this

#30 Sat0ri

Sat0ri

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

Alright, I worked up a quick fix... Not perfect, but it will work a majority of the time.

1. Find this file - /public/style_images/master/nexus/gateways/paypal_pay.gif
2. Edit the image, so it's transparent.
3. Upload the edited file.

The image will still be there, but folks will only SEE the subscribe button. ;)
  • Circo likes this
Cheers,

John

#31 chilihead

chilihead

Needs Serious Help

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Alright, I worked up a quick fix... Not perfect, but it will work a majority of the time.

1. Find this file - /public/style_images/master/nexus/gateways/paypal_pay.gif
2. Edit the image, so it's transparent.
3. Upload the edited file.

The image will still be there, but folks will only SEE the subscribe button. ;)

Hakaslak deserves credit for this fix: http://community.inv...ly-with-paypal/

It's not the perfect solution because I want the regular paypal button there for longer subscriptions, like a year, and the subscriptions button only for monthly ones. We still need more control. Hopefully soon.
  • Circo likes this

#32 Sat0ri

Sat0ri

Advanced Member

• +Clients
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:08 PM

Fair enough, I hadn't seen his fix... Better than nothing, but I agree we need to be able to define it per product.
  • Circo and chilihead like this
Cheers,

John

#33 chilihead

chilihead

Needs Serious Help

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:13 PM

Fair enough, I hadn't seen his fix... Better than nothing, but I agree we need to be able to define it per product.

Absolutely. Per product to have the subscription button, the one-time payment button, or both. 3 options. Hopefully soon.
  • Circo likes this

#34 ᴡᴅツ

ᴡᴅツ

⊙﹏⊙

• +Clients
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

...Sigh -_-'

Some very reasonable features have yet to be implemented, this is an example. Another is tiered commission settings for referrals and the ability to enable/disable how many purchases to allow for commission of a customer (0 for infinite)
  • Circo likes this

Feature consistency across IP.Downloads and IP.Board for IP.Content

IPS, please look at the topics I've created regarding feature suggestions. There still are issues that haven't been addressed, as noted above, and the following, as well as this.

#35 Circo

Circo

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:00 PM

Some very reasonable features have yet to be implemented, this is an example. Another is tiered commission settings for referrals and the ability to enable/disable how many purchases to allow for commission of a customer (0 for infinite)

I just think it's weird that Nexus was an Upgrade from subscriptions and one of the major features in subscriptions didn't make it to nexus. (Granted it supports subs but not in a proper way from a business perspective) It would be laughable if it wasn't so expensive and destructive to a sites economy. But from the conversations so far I think the reason for it is that the DEV team just did not or do not quite understand how subscription based sites operate. I still wish there was a disclaimer posted for folks looking to upgrade since in a lot of aspects ip.subscriptions remains the best option for folks that run sites like this. The client area and other features in nexus are great. It will be a good day when it finally becomes a true successor to ip.subscriptions.

I think that when dealing with money it's imperative that you take issues like this very seriously and that is my only complaint in this whole thing. It's been almost 5 months since these subscription threads started appearing and there is no hint of a date or version when a fix will be issued. Overall I think IPB is an excellent product and have been very satisfied with my decision to move to this platform until this.
  • photoadmin likes this

#36 Mark

Mark

I dropped the "iggy"

• IPS Staff
  • 8,387 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:32 AM

Absolutely. Per product to have the subscription button, the one-time payment button, or both. 3 options. Hopefully soon.

It's not really possible to do per-product. What if someone adds a product with it set to yes, and another with it set to to no to their basket?

That's a rhetorical question.

But from the conversations so far I think the reason for it is that the DEV team just did not or do not quite understand how subscription based sites operate.

:blink: Is that sarcastic? All the software we sell is based on recurring license fees and we have hosting services - we know very well how subscription services operate.

Mark Wade
Developer

zce-php5-3-logo.gif php5-zce-logo-new.gif

#37 ᴡᴅツ

ᴡᴅツ

⊙﹏⊙

• +Clients
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

It's not really possible to do per-product. What if someone adds a product with it set to yes, and another with it set to to no to their basket?

Then they have combined subscription that is recurring or you have a setting that doesn't allow this.

Feature consistency across IP.Downloads and IP.Board for IP.Content

IPS, please look at the topics I've created regarding feature suggestions. There still are issues that haven't been addressed, as noted above, and the following, as well as this.

#38 chilihead

chilihead

Needs Serious Help

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

Not really rhetorical it warrants discussion.

In this situation, you would have one recurring, and one non in the cart. Is that not possible? Then what happens when someone has a physical item, and adds a recurring subscription? If you are saying it is not possible to have a recurring subscription and a non, then just force checkout on subscriptions or don't allow that combo. Maybe they are not designed for cart systems, because from what you seem to be saying would also apply to any non-recurring item in the store. So what happens now if they add a physical item and a recurring subscription?

Thanks
  • Circo likes this

#39 Circo

Circo

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

:blink: Is that sarcastic? All the software we sell is based on recurring license fees and we have hosting services - we know very well how subscription services operate.

Not sarcastic at all, and please don't take it as such. It's just that all these posts and threads are talking about a subscription based model on certain products only. Not the optional renewal type that you use for your products. Thats what all these threads and topics are discussing. IP. Subscriptions did that part right and it was excellent. Ip Nexus does it with more options, and it just doesn't work for needs. I completely understand the points that you have made and understand for many circumstances it can even work better. But there is a fundamental difference in how the two systems work. And for some the difference is completely devastating.

My site will probably go out of business by the end of the year, unless I just build a new one and start over. And then somehow find a way to manage the records of 3000 people that are on the old system.

#40 Mark

Mark

I dropped the "iggy"

• IPS Staff
  • 8,387 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:53 AM

My site will probably go out of business by the end of the year, unless I just build a new one and start over. And then somehow find a way to manage the records of 3000 people that are on the old system.

http://community.inv...ly-with-paypal/

Mark Wade
Developer

zce-php5-3-logo.gif php5-zce-logo-new.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users