• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Mark

Mark

I dropped the "iggy"

• IPS Staff
  • 8,383 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:43 AM

How the design is made (second control panel vs a clean ACP page that only shows the "daily shop stuff") is something you know better that I do. I am just throwing ideas based on what I see is a need.

I would rather look at expanding ACP restrictions in IP.Board to not show stuff you don't have access to.

Like Charles said, it is silly to creating a second control panel that does everything the ACP already does - that isn't to say though that there is not room for improving how the ACP presents itself to restricted users.

Mark Wade
Developer

zce-php5-3-logo.gif php5-zce-logo-new.gif

#22 Pfeiffer

Pfeiffer

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:54 AM

I would rather look at expanding ACP restrictions in IP.Board to not show stuff you don't have access to.

Like Charles said, it is silly to creating a second control panel that does everything the ACP already does - that isn't to say though that there is not room for improving how the ACP presents itself to restricted users.

Agreed. Like I said, I am just throwing ideas and giving feedback - I never suggested a second control panel that does everything ACP does. If it does everything ACP does, then why have a new one?
I suggested something else, to separate the staff roles. However you achieve that is something you know better than I do.

Besides the improvement to ACP and how it shows itself to restricted users, there is still the part of restricting access with IP.Nexus functions itself.
Thus why I called this a SCP module (you can call it a separate menu in ACP) that doesn't have all the configuration stuff and just has daily store management.

#23 Pfeiffer

Pfeiffer

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

I just gave this more thought.

If ACP restrictions work - like do not show the stuff users don't have access to - then effectively, you have created a 'second control panel' for IP.Nexus only - one that only deals with store stuff for users that I give these permissions/restrictions to.
So this would solve all the above.

But it has to work Posted Image I don't even want the users to have dashboard access - and right now, when they login, they get an error on first page, before they even access the IP.Nexus App.

A suggestion to solve this, is also to add a little feature to the Manage ACP Restrictions setup for a group/user - Add a field where you can also enter link for the default "open container" for ACP login.
The admin can enter the startup place for the user logging into ACP. So if I have made ACP restrictions to only allow use of IP.Nexus, then I set the "opening container" field to be http://mysite.com/ad...2d709&app=nexus (or whatever it should be). Posted Image

And I have said this a few times before - you guys make fantastic products. Please see all my comments, gripes and suggestions as an effort to bring positive feedback with the hope to improve on a already great suite of products.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users