Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

French IBP

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey there!

I'm thinking of getting IPB but I was wondering if it comes with french language and if the updates are as fast in french then english.

Thx

Steph :D

Posted

IPS is primarily composed of english speakers, so we don't directly translate IP.Board into any other languages. However, IP.Board is easily translated and community members often release language packs for other languages. I can't see any French language pack in the Marketplace, but that doesn't mean none exists. You could potentially contact someone already using a French translated board and ask where they obtained their translation from.

Posted

Thank you for quick response.

Steph

Posted

They may not be fully up to date but these should get you started...

http://forums.invisionboard.fr/files/category/78-30-traductions/

Alex K. and Steph40 like this

Posted

French translation exist, just search ipboard in google, you will find french forum easily with translation for forum, ipcontent, gallery, ipdownload, etc. :)

Posted

[quote name='AndyMillne' timestamp='1294534518' post='2065176']
They may not be fully up to date but these should get you started...

http://forums.invisi...30-traductions/

Actually... http://forums.invisionboard.fr/files/category/80-31-traductions/

Why not give him the 3.1.x ones? :P

Steph40 likes this

Posted

Thank you. Just need to buy IPB now. :thumbsup:

Posted

I'm trying to install French language to my English IPBoard. I thought this was what I needed but it seems different from the other language packs I've installed. All the rest have been xml.gz files. These French packs are directories full of php files. The directions make reference to tabs and buttons that I don't have. I assume they must refer to some French version of the IPB software. Are there any xml.gz French language packs for 3.1.x versions of the English IPB? Thanks in advance.

Posted

[quote name='VetView Product Team' timestamp='1304429697' post='2107597']
I'm trying to install French language to my English IPBoard. I thought this was what I needed but it seems different from the other language packs I've installed. All the rest have been xml.gz files. These French packs are directories full of php files. The directions make reference to tabs and buttons that I don't have. I assume they must refer to some French version of the IPB software. Are there any xml.gz French language packs for 3.1.x versions of the English IPB? Thanks in advance.

Did you read the "LisezMoi" file?

Posted

[quote name='@Choudelice' timestamp='1304440914' post='2107649']
Did you read the "LisezMoi" file?

I did, but it was in French. My browser translated the French, but it seemed like the directions didn't apply. However, based on your comment I read a little more carefully and found that although I had to do a couple of things differently than the instructions, I was able to get it installed. Thanks for your help.

Posted

Oh lol you don't understand french ^^
I will try to translate it in english for you :)

Posted

Installation

1 - In your ACP, Go to the tab "Look & feel".

2 - Click "Manage Languages" in the left sidebar.

3 - In the English (USA) pack’s menu, choose “Copy language pack” .... This will create a new package named English (USA)(COPY).

4 - Rename the package to Français (France) and set the language locale to fr_FR (or fr_FR.UTF-8 if you have problems with accents on the month).

5 - If it does not exist, create the folder “translate” in the root of your forum.

Note: leave this folder empty for now. Step 6 will automatically fill with the English files. You replace them with the files in French to Step 7.

6 - In the menu of the pack Français (France), select "Translate externally...".

7 - Send the folder “translate” contained in this package to the root of your forum, choosing to overwrite the existing files created by IP.Board English in the previous step.

8 - Go back to your ACP, click “Select All” and then at the bottom on “Import Selected Files”.

(If this results on a permanent error "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of ...", do not select all the files but only a few to import small batches. Repeat until you have imported all the files.)

9 - Once the import is done, click on the link “recache this set”
Once the reconstruction of the cache is complete, click on the link “here to go there now” and click on the button “Finish and Remove.
The French translation is now installed for IP.Board.

To set french pack as default language:

Go to the tab "Look & Feel".
Click "Manage Languages" in the left sidebar.
On the pack Français (France), choose “Edit” ....
Set the Default Language option? confirm by clicking Yes and save.
You now have a green check mark appears in column (Default Language) on the line Pack Français (France).
You just have to choose French (France) in the list of languages on the public forums so that your account uses French.

Problem of ”language local” (may occurs)

If the line Français (France) date is not in French or the sample does not match currency 12 345 231,12 €, then edit the pack: Français (France) and replace “fr_FR” by “fr_FR.UTF-8”. If this does not work, check with your provider to know the local that are installed on your server.

I hope it helps you :)

.Peter likes this

Posted

Euh... ^^

Posted

[quote name='@Choudelice' timestamp='1304784487' post='2109053']
Euh... ^^

Is there a problem?

Posted

Nope