Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Blog Category Access Control with Permissions

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Something that I miss on Invision Power Blog that I had on VBulletin is the ability to control access to categories using permissions. Why does every blog have to be open to the public. I believe you should be able to tailor a blog for certain groups eyes only. I am very surprised this feature doesn't already exist (maybe it does and I just haven't figured it out).

Yes I know I could create a forum and control permissions but I really like the layout of the Blog and would like to utilize it.

Posted

Disregard... I found this feature when I installed the latest version of the Blog (it may have been there before but didn't notice it until now). You create a Private or Private Club blog and invite users to see it. I like that feature but would of liked to see blogs controlled by group permissions as well. That way, you have one place to control permissions for a group.

Dinesh Vitharanage likes this

Posted

Has there been any update in this regard? Maybe in version 3.3? I'm writing a custom login module that uses my company's LDAP directory for authentication and authorization (permission roles based on LDAP groups) and would like to have to ability to black/whitelist groups from all blogs, individual blogs or blog categories. As for version 3.1.1, I cannot see such feature. I intend on buying 3.3 but would like to know whether the group permissions have been extended to blogs as well.