• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DJ ZAh

DJ ZAh

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

Something that I miss on Invision Power Blog that I had on VBulletin is the ability to control access to categories using permissions. Why does every blog have to be open to the public. I believe you should be able to tailor a blog for certain groups eyes only. I am very surprised this feature doesn't already exist (maybe it does and I just haven't figured it out).

Yes I know I could create a forum and control permissions but I really like the layout of the Blog and would like to utilize it.

#2 DJ ZAh

DJ ZAh

IPB Full Member

• +Clients
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:54 AM

Disregard... I found this feature when I installed the latest version of the Blog (it may have been there before but didn't notice it until now). You create a Private or Private Club blog and invite users to see it. I like that feature but would of liked to see blogs controlled by group permissions as well. That way, you have one place to control permissions for a group.
  • Dinesh Vitharanage likes this

#3 Dinesh Vitharanage

Dinesh Vitharanage

IPB Newbie

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

Has there been any update in this regard? Maybe in version 3.3? I'm writing a custom login module that uses my company's LDAP directory for authentication and authorization (permission roles based on LDAP groups) and would like to have to ability to black/whitelist groups from all blogs, individual blogs or blog categories. As for version 3.1.1, I cannot see such feature. I intend on buying 3.3 but would like to know whether the group permissions have been extended to blogs as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users